Over the past number of years, there has been some consumer confusion and concern about rumored radon or radiation levels occurring in natural granites used for residential countertops, floor tiles, etc. The origins of this concern are advertisements published by manufacturers of competing materials. Levels of radiation from granitic products, while technically measurable, are in fact, just small fractional values of established thresholds for environmental safety. The reader is encouraged to study the information contained within this pamphlet to further understand how these levels are quantified and to appreciate the relative insignificance of any radiation attributable to natural stone surfaces. Read More
- Marble Institute of America: The Truth About Granite & Radon/Radiation
- TriStar Welcomes Schluter-Systems
- Topically Applied Slab Densifiers
- Remove Baseboards Without Damage
- From Milwaukee Tool: M18 FUEL Mud Mixer
- What’s the Most Comfortable Flooring?
- Standards for the Flooring Industry?
- Distributors Wanted for Innovative Flooring Accessory
- IICRC Conference Adds Science Symposium
- New Forum Software for TFP