Your Opinion on Some LVP Brands

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by KenSie, Feb 1, 2015.

1. KenSie

KenSie New Member

Opinions on Shaw LVP Merrimac

Hello,

About a week ago, our water heater went haywire and leaked all over the place. We had to rip out the wet carpet in the living room & dining room (the bulk of the carpet is still there and we will remove that when we are ready for installation).

We have senior dogs, and want easy clean-up, so we are most likely not going to get carpet again (and don't want a repeat of what happened with the water heater).

So we are looking at other flooring options, namely LVP. Our house is about 15 years old, 1 floor, on a cement slab. After looking around at several flooring stores, we had looked at Karndean (glue down) at one store, Mannington Adura locksolid (at another store) and Shaw LVP Merrimac (glue down).

After looking at everything, the Shaw product seems to be the right color and texture that we were looking for.

Does anyone have any opinions about the Shaw Merrimac product? Does it hold up well? Does it get scuffed up or marked up easily?

Thank you,

Ken

2. KenSie

KenSie New Member

Your Opinion on Mannington Adura and Karndean Knight

Hello,

We are looking at Mannington Adura Essex Oak and Karndean Knight Tile (slim wood planks). We are looking to have them glued down in the living room, dining room and bedroom hall (the house is a ranch-style, concrete slab). We have elderly dogs.

Does anyone have any opinion on the qualities of these two products? How easy are they to maintain? Do they scratch/scuff easily?

How necessary is it to get felt pads for furniture? All furniture or just chairs? We have several large wood pieces of furniture.

Thank you,

Ken

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I'm sorry you didn't get a reply to your first post. I changed the title and merged both posts into a single topic in hopes that others will reply.

I have Karndean Art Select in my bedroom. It's a glue-down product I got a few years ago. I'm very happy with it and would not hesitate to use Karndean again.

I have no personal experience with the other products you mentioned. I hope some of our members who have, will reply.

Jim

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

We put felt pads on pretty much everything. You may need to slide something out and if it has any issues(nail sticking out of plastic cap) it will gouge the floor.
    We've done Adura, probably a little more pricey. Haven't installed any Shaw.

5. KenSie

KenSie New Member

Thank you, Jim. Since originally posting, we decided against the Shaw product (it was way too slippery, like a sheet of ice!).

We are definitely leaning towards the glue-down Mannington Adura product. Unfortunately, there's only one local retailer for the Karndean. Their price is slightly higher than the Adura (we can get the living room, dining room and hallway done for the price of Karndean in only the living/dining rooms).

6. KenSie

KenSie New Member

Thank you, Mike. We were leaning towards putting the felt pads on everything (just in case). We do plan to put a couple of area rugs down, so whatever sits on top on the rugs, we won't put felt pads on.

Any suggestions for a particular brand of pads? I've read that some come off fairly easily.