Woven Wool Runner in a Home From The 1800s

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by Roland Thompson, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Just did this last Thursday. Went out to the home with 101 ft, two flight's of steps with 3 pie's on each flight. Bottom little cure on one flight. Also 3 hall's almost like and H with two striaght and one coming in from the side. Had to make end caps on everything. they wanted them to meet, even the steps but not seamed together.
    Why I am showing this is on pie's you need to take things apart and start remaking the pc. This is a 30 inch pre made wool woven runner.
    1829 house.

Rock

Attached Files:

2. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

Good grief Rocky........:bow:

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Moved the above posts to its own topic.

4. 3rdFloorDesign

3rdFloorDesign Flooring Professional

Wow, that is detail work, awesome skills, thanks for sharing. :yesss:

Did you use nails to stay the perimeter or staples?

5. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Nice Work Roland ! ----Those old homes have such small treads, ( appx 9'' ) that, it can be dangerous to waterfall them.---- Looks like you molded those ? ---- Great job mitering the serging too, @ the end caps.

Roland, Roland, Roland down the runner, doot-doot-doot-doot etc etc :eek: :D

~Mike

6. ortiz34

ortiz34 2nd generation Senior Member

Beautiful as always Roland.
    I agree about their tastes of them meeting so close is a bit odd, but if that's what they want, that is what they get.
    I see that's a Masland roll runner I also sell but never the roll runner (only the 13.2 wool) did you sew everything , was their any fighting of this patteren?

7. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Yes that is Masland. No pattern lined up nice, did not have to fight with it.
    No I did not sew the end caps or the pie steps, used the Kool Gluide and seamer down.works great on this product.
    Used tacks in the hall runners.

Rock

8. ortiz34

ortiz34 2nd generation Senior Member

Good to hear as we don't really sew, I'd like to learn though

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You are close enough that if I were in your shoes, I would contact David Hunt (Dobby Tappet) and drive up to VT for a couple days and work with him. Talk to him, he may have a job down in Mass. and let ya come and watch. As far as I am concerned, he is THE MASTER!!

10. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

You must become one with the rug, grasshopper.;)

11. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Hey Roland

Thats a real beautifull instalation very nice Roland, i just have one question at the risk of sounding dumb what are pies and i don't mean the ones we all eat.

Twomly

12. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

Those are triangular shaped steps, similar to a slice of pie.

13. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Thanks rusty i get it now i thought so but wasn't sure we call those winders or kites.