Woven Installation DVD

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by David Hunt, Aug 15, 2007.

1. David Hunt

David Hunt Charter Member Senior Member Published

In January, Stanton Carpet Corporation took the lead in installation guidelines / training, with the introduction of a how-to video for the installation of woven broadloom carpet.

Having had the opportunity to view the DVD in it’s entirety, I was impressed with the direction taken with regards to the quality of content. Even more impressive was the quality of video, audio, lighting and viewing angles. This is, in my opinion, a fantastic installation training tool.

Has anyone else seen it?

If so, what are your thoughts?

Respectfully,

Dobby

PS: Stanton’s Installation DVD is only available, at no cost, to authorized Stanton dealers. Distribution of the DVD’s is through sales agents. They will not simply send them out to anyone who asks, so, if you do not have one, getting one may require some delicate diplomacy. But it is worth getting our nose dirty. ;)

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Thanks, Dobby. If our members would like to visit their website, it can be found here: www.stantoncarpet.com They do have a dealer locator, so you may be able to contact a dealer near you to view the video.

T

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  3. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Yeah, big OOPs. I put an S at the end of their domain name and it linked to a directory. Thanks for catching that. Fixed now.

5. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

I got one direct from the company, I had to use a little charm. :D

6. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I was able to get a few of them at the Carpet One conv. in Feb. I thought they were do well.

Roland

7. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I emailed them from the link and got the dvd in two days.

8. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Viewed the dvd today and impressed. Stanton did a good job on it. It covers the seaming and cutting of seams on mulitple carpets. It would have been nice to see the stretching of the carpets too though, just to cover all the bases.

9. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Was talking to the guys that made it last week at the convention. The times you saw just the hands of the one person was because he could not be seen on camara.
    They thought they where at a job to do and the company showed up to film it.

Roland

10. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

Why charm? Do you have to be a retailer to get one?

11. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

They usually only give them to Stanton dealers ,is what I was told.
    how do you do a quote?

12. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member I Support TFP

I've had this DVD for at least 6 months. I just assumed it would be useless. Only watched it just now due to this thread :). I wish it had gotten a little deeper but over all it was nice to see that I mostly do it as intended. The one thing I did learn was that I need to buy a hot knife.

I did a 150yd double stick flatweave last year with the same exact pattern of one in the video and couldn't keep the seams from unraveling. I have never been so happy to have done everything by the book. All the seams were taped and I had tried latex and thermo and couldn't keep them from fraying. Stanton ended up eating the carpet and I got paid to do it again in another piece. I think the hot knife would have done the trick to that one.

Oh and I finally learned what you guys meant by the pen/paper trick. I've heard it described a few times on the boards but until I saw it demonstrated I just couldn't figure it out :)

It would have been nice to see them go in to detail on pattern correction and maybe even stretching odd shaped rooms. You know, the kind of stuff you don't see every day except that you DO see it every day...