would you attend?

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by selvalee, May 18, 2006.

1. selvalee

selvalee No one special Senior Member

Question,
    if some people use their contacts, for a two day conference, would you attend if the only price is you stay at a particular hotel?

You see, some people are thinking of a conference with main topic, taught by the manufacturers, for both installers and inspectors, must one or the other,

now, to get the conference room for free, they will only require the attendees stay at the hotel, if you want to stay another place, you can not attend,, two days, conference free, to learn about the different products from several manufacturers, no speeches from the sales department , the manufacturers can only send their techs,,, so,

what do you guys think? your only cost is room, food and travel,,, tell me what you guys think,, the "hot" topic will be revealed at a later date,,

2. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

Lee, I would be there in a heart beat assuming it wasn't the Dubai Hilton or similar...

3. FloorCraft

FloorCraft Just another floor guy Charter Member

Of course, the topic may reflect directly on my enthusiasm, but, I would probably be there regardless.:D

4. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

"Question,
    if some people use their contacts, for a two day conference, would you attend if the only price is you stay at a particular hotel?"

Is it going to be held in Coos Bay, Oregon? .... or do I also need to spend $600 in travel expenses?.................... being that all seminars are held in the largest of the large, cities?
    ... are you saying someonemight pay my travel expenses?

OK, I re read the post, Selva.
    "what do you guys think? your only cost is room, food and travel"
    Not to mention taking at least three days off........ it's pain sometimes living in the itty bitty towns.
    If money weren't the issue, I'd be there in a nonosecond. I can easily see this costing in real money, at least $1000 unless it's held very close to home.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Sounds good to me, but I would need to know a lot more. I can't fly without a huge airline surcharge for oxygen now (I'm talkin' 500 bucks and up), so if it's in driving distance, I'd go.

Jim

6. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Selva I would like to come Would you please send me your Bankcard number? I would love to meet you

7. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

Probably, but would depend on where it's at. I am pretty poor folk :D

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I would be there.

9. mcurrin

mcurrin Guest

Count me and my son in if it happens Lee, We will drive fly or crawl to get there.

Old business axiom "You have to spend money to make money"

Mike

10. William Mear

William Mear Charter Member

I am in .

11. DJ

DJ Charter Member

i am with lowdown...dj

12. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Depends on the topic , Hotel , and where it is ..

13. Bill Vincent

Bill Vincent Charter Member

For me, WHEN it is is more important than WHERE it is. Tough as hell to get away from may 1st till about october 31st.

I'm definitely interested, though.