would you attend II

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by selvalee, Jun 11, 2006.

1. selvalee

selvalee No one special Senior Member

ok,
    I talked to the person who was thinking of putting together the class I mention,,, but, no definite word back yet,
    in the meanwhile,,,,

one of the top floor persons, who worked for ten years for the largest cork company in the world,,, he traveled the entire world working for them,,
    he worked closely with the labs developing meters, testing procedures, and was the only North American tech,,,
    while working for them, he traveled to mainland China inspecting and learning about how bamboo floors are made,,,,
    he went back to China a year ago to do the same for a large distributor,,
    he wrote the substrate test for the NWFA inspector's test,,and is one of their instructors,
    he is a certified NOFMA inspector, and more,,, he was doing inspections before there were schools that certified,,,

he has agreed to do a cork/bamboo/substrate class,, this fall, if people are interested,
    this will not be "CERTIFICATION" class, this will be a "learning only" class,,,
    any takers?
    and, who knows of who I speak? Perry, you are disqualified!
    oh yea, he was in the layers union in NY, NY when he was 16, two Purple Hearts and more while doing two tours, Nam, ,,,,, before that, he was at Woodstock as a rowdy, and was in the Plazza on 9/11,

who is interested, this is going happen,,, already planned, now, need students,

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Sounds good selvalee. Don't forget that you can add "events" to the calendar like training, organizational meetings and anything else that pros would be interested in. Just click on the calendar link in the navbar above to see what you can do.

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Steve Tolli. When, Where, How long, what is the cost?

4. selvalee

planning on this Fall, in NY,,,
    thanks Mr. Admint,
    did not think of that,
    this can also be thought of as both inspection/installation in that the class is aimed at not only saying what happen, but, how to prevent and correct,,, it is not enough to be able to say there is a problem but what caused it, how to correct it and prevention, it will be strong on installation how to,,not "point the finger" type of class,
    Steve works on huge projects, where his job is to consult, test and prevent possible problems,,,, now, that is what inspectors should be able to do,,, not clean carpets full time then write "warranty" inspections without explanation of how, what, and prevention,
    yes, I am hyped for the first time in a few years,,

5. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Need to know date , and cost .. Will go ..

6. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

Lee, I'm with Nick. Need some info to budget dollars and time.

7. selvalee

Peter,
    you are retired, you sold the family commercial biz for over 30 mil, and you want to budget money for a class?
    now, man, relax a little with all those millions you got/have/made, enjoy life, you are for life!
    in fact guys, I think, Peter, with all his money, should be making loans to us, who agrees? if you do, email me for Peter's telephone number!
    ok, just kidding for all you super serious types,
    slt

8. Peter Kodner

Oh man, you know how easy it is to blow that kind of money??? Two years of wine, women and song and I'm just a working stiff again. Besdies which, I always considered myself just "semi-retired".

BTW Don't be giving out my number- I think the IRS, DEA, & FBI are still looking for me :eek: I think maybe INS, NSA and CIA are hunting for me too :D

Seriously, maybe in Jersey: may be a little cheaper and Newark is pretty easy for everyone who will fly to get there. Or am I presuming Steve is in the city?

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

He is about an hour NW, a beautiful little town of Washingtonville. Rember the story of the headless horseman, told on Halloween? Supposedly set in that area.

10. stullis

stullis Charter Member Senior Member

Why not have it the Twin Cities? Then Peter won't have so far to go. ;)

Mid January just before Surfaces so you southern boys can handle Vegas weather easier. :D

11. selvalee

UPDATE
    looking at this Sept. after school starts, from mid to end of,
    Rfloors has the area down but, it is open to moving it down to a central location,,,
    slt

12. Peter Kodner

Yeah Lee, have it here- I'll serve everyone Lutefisk.:eek: One taste and I guarantee no one will never return here! :D A a side, I'll make a Minnesota hot dish. It can be almost anyhting as long as tater tots ar ein it! Yum, I can taste it now.:rolleyes:

13. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Have you come up with a figure for the cost , and amount of days yet ? If anyone is flying into Newark i can give them a lift to the site .. I will be going by there ..

14. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

Thank you Nick.

15. selvalee

ok,
    I got Steve signed on here, and now I will be calling him tomorrow to discuss this, I hope all comes off, a few of you have called me requesting more info,
    I think Steve wants to direct this toward what you guys want to learn or learn about,,,
    so, will let you know as soon as I learn,,,

16. Floorguy

Floorguy The Living Dead Charter Member Senior Member

Can we just download that guys brain? That will work for me. I want it all!