Workshops

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Tandy Reeves, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I am planning on doing a re-certification workshop on June 8-9 in Grand Forks, ND and after that go over to either Idaho or Washington and so another one on
    June 15-16. My question is how many of you in those areas would be interested and where do you think would be best. The cost of the workshop would be
    $395.00, and your spouse can attend free. The workshop will deal with carpet, hardsurface, wood, and expert witness. Also, time permiting we can discuss stained and polished concrete.

Please give me your feed back.

2. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

I need to attend the certification workshop first .
    Let me know when you are going to have that class ..

3. Tandy Reeves

Nick, I hope to have a workshop somewhere in your area in July. Will post dates as soon as I get them scheduled.

4. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

That would be great .. Thanks ..

5. Curt Durand

Curt Durand Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Published

Tandy, Count me in. Grand Forks works for me. My wife, Pam, will probably come. Anywhere near a Cariboo Coffee Shop will be fine.

6. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

Tandy, wouldn't Curt and my area be a more convenient for a lot more people? There are some very reasonable places in the burbs here.

7. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

It is still cold in Minnesota that time of year . True of false Pete .. hee hee ..

8. Tandy Reeves

Peter I really do not know. I have had several people say SD is a good selection.
    As you know I am new at choosing locations, so I am plowing new ground. It costs too much for me to go into Canada to teach so I am getting close to Canada in order to allow them to come to the states for re-certification. I will give it a try and see how it works, and if not satisfactory will possibly try another location next year. So come on over to SD in June.

9. Tandy Reeves

Another question. Where in the North East would you suggest having a re-certification class. I have thought of Buffalo, NY. Tim said that was a good location. That is close to get inspectors from Canada, how a bout the US?

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

2 1/2 hrs. from me.

11. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Buffalo , Works for me .. You have to watch where you book the class though .. there are some bad sections ..
    I could find out where if you like , i know people there ..

12. Tandy Reeves

That would be great Nick, go for it because I have no connections there at all.

13. Tandy Reeves

Question for you in the North West. When I come to that area would any of you be interested int getting your wood certification. I would hold a three day class to certify you for wood inspections. The three days would be long days. In other words we would do in three day what is normaly done in five days. Let me know.

14. Darwin

Darwin Charter Member

Hi Tandy. I am in Buffalo, or 20 minutes south. I could definitly help out.

15. Tandy Reeves

Darwin I thought you were somewhere in that neck of the woods. I have checked out the hotel Nick is asking if you could get a local phone number. It looks like it would be a nice place to hold the class, and the wives might enjoy it also. Thanks for your help. Tell other guys and gals that you know about it.

16. Darwin

Darwin Charter Member

I see this post was moved. I can make a call later today. I will let you know.

17. Darwin

Darwin Charter Member

I just talked to the Garden Place. The prices listed at their web site are accurate. I asked about the executive suite with the meeting room attached and was told the table only holds 6 - 8 people. They do have a much larger meeting area in the basement. 2 bathrooms and several meeting rooms that hold up to 40 people. You have to rent the whole basement and the cost is about $200 a day. From there they will cater anything you want, food, drinks, but of course, all for additional money. I have taken the wife there in the past for a weekend, the rooms are nice, but pricey. The restuarant is a mile or 2 down the road. Once again, elegant, pricey but nice. It is also a mile or so from the airport.
    Most of the distributors hold their meetings at other locations. Tomorrow I have some free time and will call around and gather some prices

18. Tandy Reeves

Great let us know what you find.