Wooltex vs Wool?

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by Julee, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Julee

Julee New Member

Hi there,
    We just bought a house and now are deciding on carpet for three bedrooms. We have small kids and a dog but the bedrooms are upstairs so I think will be low traffic, no food, rarely shoes...
    I had lived in rentals with hard wood flooring for years but grew up with carpet and I really like carpet in bedrooms so now that we have our own place, I want carpeted bedrooms. I started the carpet search at our local place pretty in the dark about the different carpets. After looking and reading a little about our choices I have decided that I LOOOVE wool carpet! I absolutely love the way it looks, feels, is natural and low chemical. I want wool but the problem is that I dont think we can afford it. Ive been looking at a Nourtex Wooltex (Aspen) thats more reasonable at 5.35/ sq ft. I like the Nourtex Highland Rib- thats 6.88/ sq ft and its 100% wool but a little more and I also like the Stanton Natural weave thats 100% and 6.58/ sq ft. We have three bedrooms... looks like we might be able to do two of the rooms now and the third in a few months. Im leaning twords going with the Stanton, Natural Weave but is it worth it? Is the Wooltex worth the price break? Am I crazy for being this determined to buy wool carpeting?!! If we go with wool we will have to wait for a new kitchen floor and a few other things so its going to be a "if theirs a will theirs a way" situation.

2. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Hi Julee, Welcome !

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will find " similar topics "
    Thease are post from the past, related to your Topic.

Click onto " The Wool Thread " (funny play on words, " Thread" :yesss: )
    Go to Post # 3 from Dobby Tappet. Dobby is extreemly educated on this
    topic and works magic with the English language, you are sure to be pleased
    and amazed.

Mike

3. Julee

Julee New Member

Thank You!

4. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

No, it doesn't work thata way. Right-click the link and select Copy Link Location (FF) or Copy shortcut (IE), or Copy link address (Chrome or Opera). Then just paste the address in your post. The forum software will do the rest (if it works right, it will change the plain URL link into a URL that links what us webmasters call "anchor text").