Wood Plank Vinyl

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Jani, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Jani

Jani New Member

Hi: This is my first post.

I have been searching for a vinyl wood plank for my kitchen floor. With 3 dogs, I want something tht is easy maIntenance.

I have looked at several - Mannington Adura in Burma Teak Spice. Does anyone have that?

Also, have looked at Amtico, K-Tech, and Konecto. Are there any others that I should look at? I'm wanting a medium to dark wood, not light wood look. The Amtico has a beautiful one called Rosewood, but is more expensive than say the Adura. I'm not sure about the floating type flooring like the Konecto.

My existing flooring now is an old sheet vinyl.

Any comments, suggestions on picking out flooring would be appreciated.

Thanks much everyone!!!

Jani

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Thanks for making this your first post, Jani. It'll bring out some interesting discussion. You might want to tell us what is under that old sheet vinyl. Is it glued all over? What is the floor directly adjacent to it?

There's a lot to take into consideration and I'm sure our pros will ask some important questions and make some valuable suggestions. I hope you end up with a floor you and your dogs will be happy with.

TFP Admin

3. Jani

Jani New Member

There is some sort of subfloor underneath the old vinyl, maybe plywood??? I don't know if it is glued all over, but I believe it probably is,

4. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Welcome aboard Jani .. One question comes to mind is how big are your dogs ?

5. Jani

Jani New Member

Thanks, Nick:

The Black Lab is a big, two Beagles are medium size, approximately 40 pounders.

Jani:)