wondering about Earthscapes wood look sheet vinyl

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by sharondell, Nov 2, 2012.

1. sharondell

sharondell New Member

I was wondering about putting Earthscapes wood look sheet vinyl down in the entire house. We have a country home with kids, grandkids, labs, cats, horses and dirt and gravel tracked in. what do the pros think of the product?? I want the look of wood, waterproof, few seams, easy maintenance. We have close to 3,000 sq feet to cover. We would be having it professionably installed. What do your think compared to vinyl planks, or other vinyl products. I want this down for the long haul, want best product available, not so concerned with price. Thanks for your help.

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

If you want my honest opinion, I would say that you should go with a felt backed vinyl (older style) that is glued down on 1/4'' plywood underlayment. I feel that earthscapes/IVC is a little too soft for my liking for a whole house application.

3. sharondell

sharondell New Member

What is your opinion of the vinyl wood look planks that get glued down?? Not as durable? too many seams for that many square yards? I would like the most realistic wood look that is waterproof. Every floor covering store has a different opinion, I am unsure what to use. Do you have an idea about older vinyls that have a good wood look? I'm trying to go with the wood look in this farmhouse with the conveinience of vinyl. Thank you for replying, I appreciate input because there is so much square footage and investment involved.

4. icanlayit2

icanlayit2 Pro Member

I like the earthscapes,but agree that it may be a little soft for whole house applications.I think the vinyl planks would do well,as i have installed those in several houses,who have pets and kids and they are still holding up very good.At this time i do believe manningtons Natures path is the best deal on the market.Nature's Paths

5. stullis

stullis Charter Member Senior Member

6. Carl.C

Carl.C Pro Member

High end vinyl plank is very tough and put down with wet set is pretty durable. Put it down on my brothers entrance, kitchen, living room, dining room and kitchen 12 years ago. Its still there with 3 little kids who are now teens and dogs. Kitchen sees a lot of mopping. If it survives Walmart, Sears and a lot of retailers use it think it will survive your house. If somehow you badly damage one or two planks, it's a lot easier to pull one out and replace than repair sheet vinyl.