Wolff Lino Cut

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Steve Olson, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

Mine has been getting some heavy usage with all the Teckno floor we've been installing. I noticed the last couple times I've change the blades, my setting seems to change and I get a gap. Never did that before. Not such a big deal for a welded seam, but having that little surprise is a disaster for a net seam. Any ideas on what can cause this? Solutions?

2. Steve,

I'm wondering if some play hasn't developed in the pivot screw that's allowing the gapping or if the little feet that catch the edge of the underlying piece have thinned down with use (more common). The aluminum oxide and quartzite used in today's wear layers will eat steel and aluminum over time. If you get by a supply house that stocks one, compare it to yours and see if you can see any wear.

3. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

Good point. I thought about that, but, the tool can be cutting perfect, and when I change the blades, it gaps about a knife blade thickness. Actually, it was fine until this last job, i had another installer with me, and he used it numerous times. That's when the problem started.
    Funny thing, today I sold it to him, I'll be ordering a new one. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!