Wolff junio/junior stripper highly recommended!

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by CWEflooring, Oct 29, 2015.

1. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

I purchased a little wolff junior/junio stripper last week as ive been doing a lot of uplifting well stuck down sheet vinyl in bathrooms and w.c's for a large building company i do work for the only tool that can get down the sides of toilets and pedestals etc is a blade scrapper . Only tiny areas but so well stuck it was hard work . I trust and like wolff tools especially there strippers so I invested in this little machine . I used it for the first time this week and ive uplifted almost 3 times the amount of areas with it in 3 days and its paid for itself already ! The things I liked most about it were it takes 5" wide blades and also the option of a 8" blade . You have full control over it as its light weight unlike using a duro stripper handheld it weighs a ton using it like that trust me i know !!! I can use the junior for the time it takes to uplift a bathroom without the feeling of my arms wanting to fall off ! The blades are really flexible so you can get a strip started really easily and doesn't really do much damage on plywood any chunks it did take out i went over with ardex feather finish . The final plus point to this mini stripper is it comes in a metal wolff carry case and no assembly of handles etc . These are not cheap but soon pay there way i was lucky to find one on german ebay that had been used once so got a bargain if i hadnt of found it I would of still purchased one new as all the effort blood sweat and blisters you save is worth it alone.

Attached Files:

2. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I need a NUMBER

$$$$$$$$$

Looks great........but

$$$$$$$$$ matters

3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

I would pay about half of what they want, $700.

4. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

It looks pretty useful depending on your specific needs. I see it being handy in virtually any demo work. The price is a BIG deal but we do have to get over that when there's really nothing comparable that can make the job go as fast and well.

5. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

Your dead right it's handy to use on almost every uplift you do big or small you can go under radiators with it and around pipes without the fear of cutting one and can get in tight spaces were larger stripping machines cant reach . My attitude when buying such expensive machine type tools is how much time to cost ratio its going to save me then once the machine owes you nothing any jobs you do after that it saves you time effort and then earns you more money . Same applied to my wolff duro stripper first 2-3 big jobs i did with it the uplifting cost I would of been paid paid for the machine then every job ive done with it since has earned me more so its more of an investment plus why work harder than you really need to . After owning the duro stripper for a month or so I wished i had bought one years ago I would not be without one now .

6. Mill-End

Mill-End Pro Member

$700 seems about right to me. I've been wanting to add this to our arsenal. We have 4 duro-strippers and love them. This looks like it'd make easy work of that crazy-stuck vinyl cove base without damaging the wall.

What kind of Db range does it make. We do a lot of retirement home work and we had to purchase an Eddy stripper specifically for it as they complained about the duro stripper noise. The Eddy works ok but no Wolff for sure. But it is quiet.

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

It's a no brainer. I have been looking at I guess the eddy at Home Depot rentals, bid on something on eBay, not sure if wolf or not. It's a high power oscillating tool, German engineering on these types of machines are superior. Length of blade seems short on picture.

Decibel level I would think goes up pretty good once it comes in contact with demolition material. My Fein oscillating tool gets pretty loud on door jambs. I have a decibel app on my phone I check various things, most stuff runs in the 96 decibel area, hearing protection required over 85 "they"say.

8. Mill-End

Mill-End Pro Member

Home Depot is where we got our Eddy. It's a nice machine I just don't think it oscillates as fast as the duros. But I bought it because I was referred to it because of the low 60Db spec. We mainly take up LVT plank with our Eddy. Also some rooms there we pull glue down carpet and use the machine to scrape the existing adhesive to prep for new LVT. While doing that the machine is super quiet but of course if you come in contact with the wall or jamb it rumbles pretty good. Which occasionally will happen and for them isn't a big deal. They just didn't like the constant screaming of the Duro. I haven't used this machine on VCT yet which I'm sure would make much more noise then the softer products.

Every time we remove cove base there it's a nightmare. The Eddy can be handheld but it's pretty heavy and bulky it's quite a workout but this junior stripper seems ideal. As long as it isn't quite as loud as the duro. I've tried to find any info I can on it but no such luck.

9. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I hear you, I like variable speed equipment, one constant noise gets irritating, so I will sometimes lower speeds to lessen noise.

Removing very well stuck base does not sound like fun. I like the idea of removing lvt/p with it for small areas, maybe bathrooms, still a bit of elbow grease without self propelled equipment, but provides the small, for sm,med,lg. Equipment.

10. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

Just to give you the heads up the junio/junior is no were as loud as the duro ive used the duro hand held loads of times . Even with the weight of it being supported by the transport wheels is ok when going in a straight line but more often than not you need to tilt it and manoeuvre it at angles to start stubborn strips off etc and after half hour of that your arms are burning ! :blink: obviously the noise is going to be louder on wooden floors like ply etc but still no were as loud in comparison. I will look in the manual today to see if it says any were bd levels and update the post .

11. CWEflooring

CWEflooring Pro Member

My apologies it appears I couldn't be more wrong guys i know its in black and white in the users manual however after using both personally I think the junior is not as noisy .as far as the weight theres a huge difference at 12.4 kilos pic of duro stripper technical data on the left, technical data for junior stripper on the right.

Attached Files: