Winners of The Floor Pro Community Anniversary Give-away

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, May 31, 2011.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

The Floor Pro Community celebrated 5 years online this month. Thanks to Shank Floor Tools, we have awarded a tool a day for the last 30 days. The contest sponsor pre-selected 30 random numbers from 1-5000 at the beginning of the contest. Each of those numbers were assigned to a day of this month, in the order they were chosen. Members who posted messages or new topics in the public flooring related forums were matched up to those numbers. The member ID that came closest to the pre-selected number was the winner for that day.

Below is the official winners list. It includes the day, the pre-selected number, the prize to be awarded, the winner's member name and their ID number in parenthesis, in that order.

There is only one way to claim your prize. You must contact David Shasnk via email. Provide him with your shipping address. You must use the email address you have registered here on TFP, as that is the only confirmation that you are the actual winner. The easiest way to do that is to contact him via email here. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. ShankFloorTools.net and TheFloorPro.com will not reveal your address to anyone else, it will never be given or sold to anyone.

If you do not contact Shank Floor Tools to claim your prize within 2 weeks (midnight, June 14, 2011 is the deadline), your prize will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable and there are no substitutions. If you do not want to claim your prize, do nothing. If you do want your prize, follow the instructions above. DO NOT claim your prize by replying to this topic or by contacting any staff member of The Floor Pro Community. Please read the fine print at the bottom of this post.

May 1 - 3721 - Creaser winner Paul L (3844) for this post
    May 2 - 721 - trimmer plate winner Daris (156) for this post.
    May 3 - 1965 - Air-EZ winner kylenelson (2505) for this post
    May 4 - 2966 - Creaser winner BrianM (2302) for this post
    May 5 - 9 - trimmer plate winner Darol Wester (5) for this post.
    May 6 - 3912 - Standup Trowel winner Nate Hall (4012) for this post.
    May 7 - 470 - Creaser winner jackreed (315) for this post.
    May 8 - 1160 - trimmer plate winner getoverit (1488) for this post.
    May 9 - 1234 - Air-EZ winner FlooringGirl (740) for this post.
    May 10 - 4700 - Creaser winner Mommybradley (4660) for this post.
    May 11 - 3343 - trimmer plate winner polestretch (3353) for this post.
    May 12 - 1722 - Standup Trowel winner Ed (1163) for this post.
    May 13 - 3151 - Creaser winner TwoStar (3310) for this post.
    May 14 - 2112 - trimmer plate winner ortiz34 (2696) for this post.
    May 15 - 4515 - Air-EZ winner CalPolyMom (4638) for this post.
    May 16 - 830 - Creaser winner kwfloors (662) for this post.
    May 17 - 1983 - trimmer plate winner Lo Down (3) for this post.
    May 18 - 1007 - Standup Trowel winner Demonseed (762) for this post.
    May 19 - 2555 - Creaser winner rugaddict (4307) for this post.
    May 20 - 1415 - trimmer plate winner Don Monfils (20) for this post.
    May 21 - 1500 - Air-EZ winner stullis (143) for this post.
    May 22 - 1820 - Creaser winner Darol Wester (5) hkeiner (4703) for this post for this post.
    May 23 - 2976 - trimmer plate winner mike sliwinski (1908) for this post.
    May 24 - 3991 - Standup Trowel winner mguest (4640) for this post.
    May 25 - 3000 - Creaser winner twomly (3785) for this post.
    May 26 - 2215 - trimmer plate winner blackawdturbo (4549) for this post.
    May 27 - 2787 - Air-EZ winner Omnipotent (3941) for this post.
    May 28 - 2255 - Creaser winner seamsealer (864) for this post.
    May 29 - 4000 - trimmer plate winner scott peters (4102) for this post.
    May 30 - 3300 - Standup Trowel winner Rhodes Hardwood (3531) for this post.

Congratulations to all the winners. Thank you very much to David Shasnk for your generosity. And much appreciation to all our members for being important to The Floor Pro Community success over the last 5 years.

All tools will be shipped from Shank Floor Tools. David Shasnk is solely responsible for providing and shipping all contest prizes. Winners names and email addresses will be sent to David Shasnk so that winners can be confirmed and the tools can be shipped out as soon as possible. If the winner does not provide the shipping information, the tool will be forfeited. There will be no alternate winners and winners may not designate an alternate recipient. If you are a winner, claim your prize here.

Jim

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Wow I won something fantastic thanks Jim and David can't wait.

3. Omnipotent

Omnipotent Flying Dutchman

You Lucky Bastard. Sounds like you're the only one that's happy with the prize you won as you're the only one to respond to this news. I hope that yo are aware that you have to pay for the shipping costs outside of the USA yourselves. Otherwise David's enterprize would go bankrupt with all those winners outside of the USA.

I was going to open a new topic to ask if anyone wants to exchange prizes, but then i red that the prices aren't transferable, so i have to resign with that.

I won an Air-EZ appliance mover. I have a few questions about it.

1; Does it move over treshold or doorsteps?

2; Does it have it's own air supply or do i need to connet it to a compressor which i don't own or have access to.

3; Does it have any other use other than moving appliances?

4; I was going to ask if it goes broke if you pull it over nails or needles like the tire of my moped goes when i accidentaly drive over one. But that's a stupid question so i won't ask.

4. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Thats because I've never one a prize before ever, and yes Omni the last question is a bit silly. Did you not watch the video of how the Air-EZ works, you just pump it up by hand and from the video it seems to move over thresholds easily.

5. Jim McClain

I have discovered I made a mistake on May 22. First time I've ever done that. :shifty: Anyway, Darol Westor does not get to win twice, so the new winner has been found. I hope that doesn't happen again because it has taken me 2 hours to find the winner for May 22.

May 22 - 1820 - Creaser - winner hkeiner (5) for this post.

Congrats hkeiner.

6. Omnipotent

Omnipotent Flying Dutchman

I forgot to tell you guys how happy i am that i won a price. I've never won anything before either as i'm against gambling. Thanks Jim and David ShaSnk for making this all possible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBpY-FwG0uE]YouTube - ‪East 17 - It's Alright‬‏[/ame]

7. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

That's cool. :cool: Thanks Jim and David.
    Now I need to win some work. :yesss:

8. Rhodes Hardwood

Rhodes Hardwood Pro Member

First thing I have ever won. Thanks a lot for your generosity. Very much appreciate it.

9. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks David !!!

I'm glad I won the trimmer plate thing as I used my Roberts wall trimmer today in the same way you did in your video demonstration and I'm assuming the plate will allow it to slide much easier. Can't wait to give it a try !

As I'm aging, not so gracefully I might add, the philosophy " work smarter not harder" really means a-lot ! and I'm hoping the plate will take away some wrist pain / pressure.

Mike

10. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Wow, thanks for the win of the tool. When this started, I just didn't really do anything to win anything. Its great to see the support to the site from manufacturers.

11. Jim McClain

[:ot:]
    Omni, don't tell anyone but I really like that East17 music. Great dance beat and I'm just tappin' my feet and enjoying the music for the last half hour or so. Pretty cool. I'm in my 60s, so those guys prob'ly don't wanna know they appeal to an old guy like me. But yeah, nice stuff.
    [/:ot:]

12. twomly

twomly Pro Member

You're ok Jim East17 are a UK group and they do appeal to the older generation because of their easy listening tunes and beat. Appeals to me and I'm 41.

13. Jim McClain

Now is a good time to wish the contest sponsor, David Shasnk, a happy birthday.

[​IMG]

14. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Indeed it is Happy Birthday David all the best have a great day.

15. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

Wow, go a web site that I really enjoy and win a prize. This place is the best.
    Thank you for your generosity.

16. Bearman

Bearman Pro Member

Happy Birthday David.
    Also >>Thank's again for supporting TFP, and my prize.:)

17. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Ironical Happy Birthday David !! :D

You know the world has flipped on itself, when On your !! B. Day your wrapping / sending presents rather than opening them. :eek: :yesss:
    Then again, they say " To give is to Get " :eh: :D

PS> Thank you ! TFP master-mind Jim :D

Mike

18. Jackreed

Jackreed jackreed Charter Member

Happy Birthday and thanks again for the prizes you donated.:dance:

19. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

My name is not on the list of winners, but I won a great prize. That prize is reading the smiles on the faces of the great ones on the list.

A big, big thank you David for your generious gifts, and a very happy birthday wish to you. Also thank you Jim, you too are a winner.

20. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

Thank you David and TFP.
    I won a trimmer plate and look forward to trying it out and giving a review.
    Don