Win Turbo Heat Welding Tools Here

Discussion in 'Commercial Flooring Sales & Installation' started by HeatWeldingPro, May 3, 2014.

1. HeatWeldingPro

HeatWeldingPro Pro Member

Sorry, this contest has expired.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I have a bit of an issue

I have a bit of an issue with this competition of winning the Heat Welding competition as in the rules to enter, number 5, one has to be a resident of the US
    Everybody knows that New Zealand has the best heat welding guys in the world living here
    I suppose we have to give the US layers a chance to win, that's why we aren't allowed to enter :D:D:D
    Also its a pity as I don't get any welding jobs which are worth taking a photo of :)

3. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

That's probably because the welding you do isn't worth taking photos of. ;);):p:p
    Why is that, don't you know that Kiwi's are just misplaced people from the US.

:old:

Daris

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Jon, you should be happy we even let you in the front door. You know how we are. ;)

5. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Yeah but it cost us US$ 14 each to get that visa so your government would let us arrive in The States so we could come and see you guys at Surfaces :)

6. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

Also being from the little down under under the big down under I'm looking forward to see some of these photos.

What are "Artistic" welds ? Where are they ? Are they on jobs or "Craft" type projects ?.

Most of my welding is "Practical", hardly photo worthy. Some technically tricky/awkward but not noteworthy.

The closest ones would have been a 20m sinuous one on a kindy reno years ago. That was mainly "Purdy" because of the contrasting vinyl colors though. The other at a local private hospital. Double swinging doors in a corridor were causing problems so I convinced them to let me do a "ECG" look-a-like join in the door way to delineate the "In/Out" directions on the floor. Simple but appropriately medical :D

7. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I don't weld so can I copy and paste photos I find? :)

8. Jim McClain

I think the rules answer that question. Two and four specifically. ;)

9. HeatWeldingPro

Sorry about the U.S. rules guys! You're free to post pictures for us to admire though.

To get this started, we'll be posting pictures emailed to us.

What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

10. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I do not have a heat weld job coming up this month so can I go back to a few past jobs and get photo's to send in?

11. Jim McClain

Yes, Roland, the rules were created to allow the most possible entries. The pictures do not have to be of current jobs. Since the length of time for this contest is so short, it wouldn't be to anyone's advantage to limit to pictures of jobs during the contest. So, if you (or anyone) has pics of welding from earlier this year or even last year, they count as an entry.

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn here - this is HeatWeldingPro's contest and he has final say. That is how I understood the rules though.

Jim

12. HeatWeldingPro

That is absolutely right. You can post as many pictures as you would like, even if they are from past jobs. We want to see your work.

13. strip buster

strip buster my way is the best way. Charter Member

ill throw out a few (my money is on forbo king unless he doesn't enter) but since i'm not elligable, my permission must be approved by me to use these pics elsewhere. if you look close, my mozart should have been replaced.

Attached Files:

14. Jim McClain

That's some very nice work there.

15. strip buster

strip buster my way is the best way. Charter Member

thku Mr McClain.

ps . i like the new flotex background.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  16. Adroit

Adroit Pro Member

Is that tree welded? I don't normally have to weld laser cuts just curious.

17. Adroit

Adroit Pro Member

First I'll start with the most recent job since I have the most pictures of it. It was at WVU in Morgan town west Virginia the date was April 30th this one was particularly a pain because the one flashed room had 13 outside corners that needed flashed and welded. 2014

uploadfromtaptalk1399384628029.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1399384673382.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1399384703760.jpg

This picture is from pinnacle health. A hospital in Harrisburg PA. The arc was hand done with 2 sheets of luon cut at a pre determined sizes. Larger in the middle of the room and smaller toward the halls on either side. There where 5 different colors all meeting together in this small area. 4 welds all meeting in 1 intersection.

uploadfromtaptalk1399385570986.jpg

This picture is at a VA hospital in Lancaster PA it is in an elevator lobby. All arcs and pieces hand cut. I took measurements off the wall and set my straight edge on end and followed the curve of the wall.

uploadfromtaptalk1399385589707.jpg

I'm saving my last picture in case I get another weld job from now till the end of the contest.
    [edit]Click any picture to see full-size.[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  18. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

...and what's the product. It has an almost Flotex pattern to it. Nice work btw :yesss:

19. Steve Forbo

Steve Forbo Pro Member

I wish I had all my pictures, but Hurricane Sandy wanted them more. I lost all my pictures/computers in the storm, along with 90% of my tools...LOL....So all I have is a few stragglers that are not that impressive...

The green and yellow is Grand Central Station in NYC
    The White corners are at Mt Sinai Hospital
    The lt Beige is Coney Island Hospital(video of these corners too) The second picture is the corners in the video.
    I push up my vinyl cove cap so it doesn't burn it. The pictures are the finished product after trimming and smoothing.

The Blue and White/Orange etc is The Empire State Building 7th floor

Attached Files:

20. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I see some really sweet sheet goods installs but the photos ought to be focused on and highlighting the actual WELDS, no? Sure, the concept of an ideal weld makes them inconspicuous when done correctly from 6' and farther back. So we're not really seeing the welding.

That means something of a reasonable CLOSE UP shot. You wouldn't need any high tech photographic equipment nor special skills. My camera cost me $40 used on Ebay. So here's the TYPE of camera work I want to see to highlight the special skills and technology of heat welding:

Attached Files: