Where's the snow??

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Daris Mulkin, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I think a lot of it is up my driveway. I have already cleaned it out once about 4pm and it is already past what I cleaned out now at 7:30.
    Got my lights up Friday afternoon when it was 47 though.

Daris

2. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

Daris, have you figured out how to post pictures yet? If so, cough them up. I love:D snow pictures!!

3. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Mines all gone for now although they forecast more for us towards the end of the week.

Twomly

4. Daris Mulkin

No I haven't figured it out yet. But it is 8 degrees here and we got maybe 6" of the stuff. I had therapy for my shoulder at 7 this morning and when I came out of the facility I found out I could do the splits. Some packed snow on slippery blacktop broke loose when I stepped forward and away it went. Now the crotch is sore, what kind of therapy works for that?:eek:

Daris

5. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

I have always found massage therapy best for that type injury...BUT, extreme care must be exercised in choosing the masseuse :confused::yesss:

We got nailed here pretty good- pontifically 17 inches, on top of the foot or so already here. Took over an hour to dig out my sweetie's car. Stiff winds had the snow drifting over the whole car.

Heading for an arctic blast with some 10 below temps for the next few nights.

I assume every saw the video of the Hump Dome roof tearing?

6. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

Peter, do you think this will help the Viking's owner get the new stadium they have been asking for?

7. rusty baker

CP, is any of that flooding near you? I see that nine counties are disaster areas.

8. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

Not yet, but them rivers are risin........:help:

9. twomly

twomly Pro Member

More to come on Thursday for London.

Twomly

10. Omnipotent

Omnipotent Flying Dutchman

I hate snow, i can't drive my moped through it.

11. cproader

That's a pic I gotta see..........:blink:

12. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Me to CP come Omni show us I don't mind if theres no snow in the pic just wanna see what a guy your size looks like on a moped LOL thas gotta be worth a laugh.:yesss:

Twomly

13. Daris Mulkin

I would say by the looks of him he don't drive the moped, HE CARRIES IT !!!

Got to ask Omni is that really a picture of you?

Daris

14. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Me too.

We got a good base of snow and then the last 3 days nothing but pouring rain. I hate it when it does this. Its changing back to snow tomorrow and cooler weather.

15. twomly

twomly Pro Member

Heres some pics of the snow last week and the road to the estate which my van got stuck trying to get on the estate.

Twomly

Attached Files:

16. Daris Mulkin

Twomly that is just a dusting by our standards.

Daris

17. twomly

twomly Pro Member

I know Daris and what makes this even more absurd is this amount of snow which we keep getting every year not necessarily in December sometimes its January or even February, brings London to a stand still.

Twomly

18. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

Same here on the Oregon coast. If we get over an inch schools get closed. It's safer because knowbody here is used to driving much in the snow. Even if the bus drivers are good enough to drive in it, all it takes is one dumb arse to make it dangerous for them and the kids.
    Don't feel alone Twomly....... we are wimps over here too, and yes, January and February are the times we get the worst of it.

19. rusty baker

Most of us here, don't pay much attention to snow. But you sure can tell when there is someone new. A couple years ago, a woman we knew moved from Calif to here. We got a dusting of snow and she was afraid to pull out of her driveway.

20. cproader

:eek:...............:ohno: