Where's The Beef???-----I mean Info??

Discussion in 'Vinyl & Rubber Flooring Sales and Installations' started by Elmer Fudd, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Does this puzzle anyone else?

How can one be expected to install a product without knowing what product it is!!:confused: Does it have any special requirements? What sealer is required for seams? What is the recommended adhesive?:blink:

I guess if you are a store employee, and are furnished ALL materials and told git-er-done it would work. For me, when I installed, I wanted ALL pertinent info BEFORE I left the shop so that I could get proper materials and instructions.:eek:

I feel that this attitude of NO info and git-er-done has really destroyed the professionalism of our trade!:D

Any comments? Please share with me!

2. Mike Sahli

Mike Sahli Pro Member

Most installers work in a world of " Show up in the morning and see what you got today ".

Pretty much have to figure things out on the way to the job site i guess.

Its ok though.... The shop will have every thing figured out and ready to go i'm sure....No troubles bubbles.:eh:

3. Elmer Fudd

I always thought it was, "No bubbles--no troubles!!"

"Shiny side up!!"

"Payday is Friday.....maybe!!!!"

"It's 5 0'clock.........somewhere!!!"

"We don't need NO Stinkin install instructions!"

In my best deep voice....."I been layin rug for 30 years!"

4. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

"It's just carpet"

"It's just vinyl"

Stick it in!

"You layed 100 yards of Vega yesterday, why can't you lay 100 yards of Corlon today?"

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  5. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

Comes on a roll, goes on the floor. What else is there to know?:yesss:

6. Sean Moore

Sean Moore Pro Member

Yeah, at least the bucket of adhesive didn't have too much of a grey/purple/something on top of it that I threw in the dumpster. I think I last saw that particular bucket of adhesive in March.

I didn't even have to mix it much! (Kidding on this one)

But really, most goods go down in much the same way. "Hey, why are you doing that? The bucket clearly says..." "We've always done it this way!" "OK." <-- this is why I'm fourth on the totem instead of third.

It's just a good thing that most of the materials and supplies are as idiot proof as possible, you can mix up all sorts of BS and somehow 99.9% of the jobs come out OK. If that wasn't the case there would be a HUGE market for inspectors and they would all work at inspection 40+ hours per week. Some seriously lax stuff goes on on jobsites every day in every way. I don't know why it doesn't fail but they are getting by with it.

7. ortiz34

ortiz34 2nd generation Senior Member

That is awesome

8. Elmer Fudd

Well, Ortiz it has been over 40 but whose counting!!:D

On inspections the 30 year figure is what I hear!! LOL!!:p

9. ortiz34

ortiz34 2nd generation Senior Member

Oh I hear ya.. it's the same people that ALWAYS say "I work 70 hours a week!"