Where's Epoxyman?

Discussion in 'Commercial Flooring Sales & Installation' started by Incognito, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Geez what a mess. We've covered the epoxy coatings before with sheet vinyl but I can only recall doing it on above grade slabs-----at this same facility actually. We used the Ardex P-82 after sanding the shit out of it and cleaning thoroughly. Now my boss wants to use Koster primer. Seems like it should be OK. But that's all besides the point. This was one hell of a mess today in these labs. Found a big bubble in the epoxy and starting tapping around. The bigshot told us to bust it out and fill it.

As we tore it the worser it got til it seemed we were digging a hole to China.

My solution: Call the epoxy floor guys. I don't want to GUESS what went wrong and HOPE my best ideas would work. What a F'n horror story.

Attached Files:

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

He's been working, I met up with him for a removal last week, the guy busts his ass with the best of em.

Hot as hell in Florida right now with the humidity.

3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Well it looks like they did epoxy over every kind of flooring there. Epoxy needs to have a opened up porous concrete to stick and it didn't happen there. I was on the Koster site last night reading up on it and if you use that there, you need to shotblast it. No asbestos under there?

4. Incognito

What I see looks like quarry tile and some of that came loose, was patched with WALL MASTIC and the other stuff I simply don't know what it is.

We never got down to CONCRETE.

5. Mike Antonetti

That looks like one of the decision makers of the building needed to be there as this was taken apart. And what's under it, most likely it will be a patch job until this section can be shut down for a holiday time of year and totally replaced.

6. kwfloors

I think the pink stuff is the old Armstrong patch that they had. Looks like some tile adhesive under that.

7. Mike Antonetti

Pink stuff, was it called s-174? We used a lot of that stuff, we used the s-200, the Portland patch they had whenever we could. Then Ardex feather finish came along and Dependable and Armstrong patches were history.

8. Incognito

Where's twomly!!

Same job.

I was asked to work today and Sunday but I can't make it tomorrow.

Goodness gracious is this job going sour.

Attached Files:

9. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

That job looks like it really sucks. I don't think I could do it with carpet let alone hard surface.
    Here's to ya. :bow::bow::bow:

:old:

Daris

10. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

Never seen internal/externals done like that before. You cut them all beforehand with a template?. Contact them in ?. Then scribe the main drop to the corner vinyl ?.

Could you grab some close ups of that in/ex corner set up before and after please. This intrigues me greatly.

11. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

That would make an excellent NEW topic. ;)

12. kwfloors

Would be a lot easier to throw some paint chips in that area. :coffee:

13. Incognito

Sorry, I haven't been back to take more, better photos. I think this link might work:

Gerflor Corner System:pdf:

14. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

Chrs for the links. Very interesting stuff.