where to buy Kool Glide seam tape

Discussion in 'Looking For a Flooring Professional or Product' started by Moccio, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Moccio

Moccio Pro Member

Where can i get a good price on Kool Glide tape ? Tools For Flooring used to be my go to , they no longer appear to carry it . Last time I stocked up it was 16 a roll , everything i find now is in the $20 range. At that expense I will go back to the iron. I am located in New Hampshire so availability here for carpet products is terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Not sure if T4F ever carried KoolGlide, at least when I asked a few years ago. Talked to the vendor yesterday at the CFI convention. The Dcut was on display/demo and I asked when the 1/4 round cutter will be available, they say it's on its way.

I would use both systems. The KoolGlide and the Iron. KoolGlide for door seams and high visibility, regular iron for most bedrooms, closets, low end non profit jobs.

3. Moccio

Moccio Pro Member

Thanks , I think I just remembered Installation tools.com. I use the koolglide for everything, saves so much time . Seam seal and go , just careful not to get it on the backing .

• Like Like x 1
  4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Yeah, Moccio replied to a 6-year old topic. :( I guess I have to make the big red Start a New Topic button bigger and redder. :hu: I moved that post and its replies to this new topic.

The link you supplied is a good price, at less than $13 each roll. That's for uncoated, so care needs to be taken it doesn't stick to the pad. Here's a link to some silicone coated rolls for less than 18 bucks: FloorToolStore.com - Kool Glide

Not sure I trust either of those sites though. Neither uses secure technology (https), which is really important these days for any site that uses any kind of form that collects personal data, like a password or credit card number. I don't know... I'd be worried enough to spend 20-some bucks at a more secure site.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike Antonetti

Says they're a division of Hank's Specialties. That's where I bought my first full set of carpet install tools in Minnesota. Then later on I asked them to send a catalog but didn't order much more. Not even sure if they're gonna sell to Fishman as the consolidating is occurring.

Part of the downfall of low labor prices means installers can't invest in equipment, just pay the rent and eat.

7. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I have ordered it from installationtools.com multiple times without problem. I wish tools4flooring carried it. I'm guessing they don't because of some dispute over pricing with the manufacturer.

8. Mike Antonetti

Traxx now owns KoolGlide, I would say in 6 months Tools4flooring will be a distributor. No inside information, just plain ol common sense, in other language, $$