Whats this about

Discussion in 'TFP Support and Feedback' started by kwfloors, Aug 31, 2017.

1. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

So every time I get on TFP I get this from my antivirus so I hit block, new one pops up and I hit block. I do that about 5 times before it goes away for awhile. What should I do? @Jim McClain Capture.PNG

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Thanks for reporting that, Ken. I've been having difficulty with some bad ad networks publishing through Google Adsense - well, not some, but at least one I have been unable to track down. I have always blocked ads that have videos that auto-start with sound. I HATE that and when I look at them, the little sound icon already has the X on it, so it should not be playing. I've been trying to figure that one out for a couple of days and other webmasters have complained to Google about it too. I don't know if that was the one (yashi), but I blocked that domain and their and 103 other ad networks that just looked suspicious.

It takes a short time for the blocks to be effective, but I hope by the time you read this, you won't be getting that warning. Don't hesitate to alert me to anything like that again. Another member sent me a personal message about the noisy ad yesterday (his was a Ford ad, but the one I was hearing was a different kind of company).

Thanks again, that really helped.

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  3. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

I know everyone hates Microsoft's browsers but I'm forced to use Edge because of some log in requirements for a couple of our vendor websites. I have noticed a nice feature though. If it's flash content or anything suspicious the browser will block that and put a little icon up in the address box of the browser so that should I want to run the content I just click on it. I only mention that because I've noticed it does block those "loud" ads from playing sound. I can see them they are just muted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks, then its not my computer. I don't like the edge deal and was trying to delete it off my computer that night. It won't but we also had no internet for a night over some cut fiber optic line in Minnesota. Said it was in hobo land and couldn't fix with security force til 8 am. I thought it was strange we got our internet from the east somewhere.