What's in yer pocket?

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Jim McClain, May 7, 2006.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I have started this kind of thread in a couple of other forums and it seems to do okay. Maybe some of you will get a kick out of it too. It's just a kind of game. You can either play it by posting a picture (use the upload feature, a free image hosting service or your own server) or just tell us: What's in your pocket today? Pick just one pocket, not all of them. It's especially interesting if you have something unusual stuffed in there. An' if you have somethin' different tomorrow or next week, well, tell us again.

Here's my first entry:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  2. Danny Ferguson

Danny Ferguson Abbey Carpet & Floor Charter Member

My wife just gave me my allowance:help:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  3. Jim McClain

Okay, does nobody like my game? 'Cept Danny?

Here's what tumbled outa my pocket recently:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  4. Danny Ferguson

Ok Jim, I reconize the penny, part of a five spot and the lock. You will have to help me out with the rest.:confused:

5. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

Hey Jim. How do I post an image from my computer? The only place I see, wants a url.

Whoa. How'd I do dat?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  6. Danny Ferguson

Hey Lamar, my pants would be down to my ankles with that in my pocket:poke:

7. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

Isn't that your normal state? hehehehe:hu:

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Found this in my pocket. LOL

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  9. Danny Ferguson

Those are some serious dingleberrys RG.:dance: Never mind Lamar I will not go there.

10. Chuck Coffer

Chuck Coffer Well-Known Member

My hand. My brutal hand.

11. William Mear

William Mear Charter Member

jim is that other coin what I think it is? Looks like an X on it to, congrats. How long?

12. Jim McClain

Hi William,

Yesseree. Actually that picture was taken a couple months back. On April 19th I got my 21 year medallion. Boy did I celebrate that night. :D

Thanks for noticin'. Are you a friend of Bill W.? Maybe I shouldn't even ask that -- not in public and not in this thread about what's in yer pocket. Sorry.

Jim

13. Bill Vincent

Bill Vincent Charter Member

I got everything in my pockets but MONEY!!

The most interesting is my left front pocket-- kinda like my "utility belt"-- I've got a plastic holder with a sereis of screw tips in it, a pen knife, and a screwgun adapter to accept 1/4" drive sockets. Ya never know when ANY of those'll come in handy!!

1Floor-- I was lookin for ya down at Coverings. :)

14. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

A friend of Bill's in Mpls. Congrats! Sept 13- 7th

15. Jim McClain

Wow, that's great. Your lucky day too. ;) Maybe we should get admin to make us our own private room that no one else can get into without a desire. :)

Just to stay on topic...

Attached Files:

16. Peter Kodner

How did you fit a dog in your pocket:hu:

17. Jim McClain

They say the rule is don't bring an old thread (over a month old) back to life unless you are the OP or it's pertinent to the topic and still timely. Well, this is one of those kinds of topics that should be allowed to be replied to whenever. So, here on my birthday, I decided to see if I had anything interesting in my pocket.

Not much really. I always try to keep my AA token with me -- that birthday was for many years way more important than my belly button birthday, but any more, it's pretty great to have them both. The bullet (9mm) flew out of my pistol the other night when I cocked to fire a shot into the dirt in front of a bear trying to make love to my garbage can. The key. Well, the key belongs to a customer. Trouble is, I can't remember which one, so I keep it handy in case I run into them in the store and they say, "hey, where's my damn key?"

And who hasn't wanted a round tuit. I am sure you have often said to someone, somewhere, "when I get around to it." I said that to a customer the other day when he asked me when I was gonna install the vinyl in his bathroom. Lucky for me he is also my best friend and he gave me this round tuit instead of canceling the job. :D

So c'mon. I know there's someone out there who has something interesting in their pocket. Or maybe you discovered one of your kids has an interesting pocket full of something. I remember when I was a little kid, my grandma asked me if I had room for a nickel in my pocket, so I emptied it on the table -- some rocks, a marble, a couple pieces of Bazooka bubble gum (already chewed once), a suction cup from an arrow and a small frog -- who hopped across the table as I proudly proclaimed, "plenty of room for a nickel gran'ma."

What's in your pocket?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  18. Peter Kodner

Okay, here's mine today:

Due for a replacement chip. A year older and hopefully wiser. Note the 2 losing powerball tickets. Guess I won't offer to underwrite this site :(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  19. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

Empty pockets today but Happy B-Day anyway Jim. Both of them. :)