what you score on BOXING DAY?

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by dontoronto, Dec 26, 2017.

1. dontoronto

dontoronto Earn as Apprentice;WORK like a Mechanic+Apprentice

just ordered around $100+

never been an Amazon customer

have to spend $$$

BIG DEAL
    • Crain 303 Loop Pile Cutter ~$20
    [​IMG]

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I order tons of stuff on Amazon, a wide variety of things. Ebay as well.

A small hose for my truck engine, better price, faster than local parts stores, it’s amazing when you use all sources available. Should’ve ordered more truck parts but went into Auto Zone to check on lifetime water pump(no) but got excellent customer service, got 350$ in parts and counting.

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

What is "boxing day?"

4. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Its a Canadian thing, we go out and waste a lot of money the day after Christmas. Before your bloody BLACK FRIDAY took it over and now boxing day deals are bleak at best..... bloody yanks!! :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

You know I always wondered what that was myself. Given the British propensity to like fighting/boxing I always thought it was that the day after Christmas they were all upset because they maybe didn't get what they wanted so they commenced to whoopin' on one another over better presents. Sort of a winner gets a better gift. Tada....Boxing Day was born!

Always pictured a couple kids squarin' off over a new GI Joe or a sled while the adults all stood around and placed bets. Of course in Canada it would be an all day deal because they would have to stop and formally apologize to one another after each round.

We were closed yesterday, so I took the time to enjoy some lovely leftover ham sandwiches. It was cold as heck, so I left my warm jammies on and watched episodes of "Oak Island" on Amazon Prime.

Now I know, thanks Mark!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Floor Boss

Floor Boss Flooring Professional and Mgr. I Support TFP

I'm not Canadian, but I do Play Ice Hockey and my wife's father was from Hamilton, Ontario. My Canadian friends also contribute that Boxing Day is the day you 'Box Up' the things you don't like and/or don't fit and exchange them for something else or a refund! And as Mark said, there used to be great deals, even here in the States!
    David

7. dontoronto

everythings HERE
    HAPPY
    IMG_0023[1].JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I don’t see any beef jerky in there:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Commercial Floor Rep

Beef jerky time!!!!
    - Eddy Murphy - "Trading Places"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mike Antonetti

I saw like a caulk gun with a flat tip and it said used to make Beef Jerky ???, all this time I assumed beef jerky was a fine piece of steak cut thinly and dried. I don’t think I want to know the truth. Stuff costs like a ribeye!

11. Chris 45

Kinda like a chicken nugget:eek: You just ruined Canadian Christmas with that image, Mike. For the sake of international relations, I was referring to delicious thinly sliced strips of meat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Commercial Floor Rep

Heyeyyohbeabambaweedoooo! (Slaps self with a zebra hair whip) Beef jerky time!!!!!

13. dontoronto

i just ordering the tools , did NOT read about it ( the terms)

Amazon charging membership? Prime Member 79$/Y

just cancelled the FREE TRIAL and I hope they don't charge me any cents!

14. Mike Antonetti

I wonder about that Prime, I don’t think I’ve paid amazon shipping, I fill cart to 50$ and ships free. But some free tv might pull the trigger.

15. Chris 45

Opened up my mail today to discover a double surprise. My 23 ga pinner arrived early and my boy sent me some west coast cheese.

616369E4-12AA-4FE8-8ABB-B6F6B4935FE5.jpeg F35C6AC2-F885-4BDB-A67E-7BBA8A2A9D14.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mark Brown

Chris buddy, I love you and all man... but I'm thinking being down there in the south of the great white north you might have missed boxing day by a good 3 months.... better late than never I suppose :)

Nice score though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Chris 45

Any day I get something is Boxing Day in my book

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mark Brown

LOL
    nice cover buddy, you must be a wonder to have around when a good excuse is needed on the fly :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  19. Mark Brown

So sticking with Chris's late addition... I just added this sexy monster to my kit yesterday. Doing way too many walls in a bathroom (all of them, which is 16 per) to line it all up with my point laser and a chalk line. Nothing dead stops any of the walls and they all must line up. Seemed like a good purchase and hey, it opens up a lot of other possibilities outside of floor covering as well.

Bosch - Laser Level - Levels - The Home Depot

laser 1.jpg Laser.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

Nice, i have been wanting one of those for a while. They are very handy