What tool distributors support TFP

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Mike Antonetti, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I'm getting a lot of tool supplies from tools4flooring which seems to support CFI , who supports the floor pro so I can help them help me.
    Locally I get no phone calls about anything from the distributor, oh yeah not even a text or e-mail, training, specials, etc. They are about 35 miles away for carpet/vinyl supplies.
    The tile distributor is pretty fair and throws me work but pretty busy besides.
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I get a tiny commission from sales when someone clicks a link on TFP to:

Carpet Tools | Tile Tools | Flooring Tools | Tools4Flooring.com
    Amazon: Your Power Tools, Hardware & Home Improvement SuperStore
    Home Depot for Tools
    Hardware World - Online hardware store, tools, building supplies, electrical, lighting, plumbing, farm, garden, and much more

There have been no commissions for several months. There have been 28 clicks on one or more of those merchants this month, but no sales (the cookie they set when you click the link is good for about 14 days, some are good for 30).

More visitors click on links to Lowe's - 52 times this month. One of them spent $327.43, so I get to split 13.27 commission with a company called SkimLinks (55/45 in their favor, I think). Commissions are paid in 60-90 days, depending on the merchant. Commissions for December are being paid at the end of this month and I am looking forward to 44.62, which is just about half the server rent. :dance:

In the past, we've had tool distributors and manufacturers offer contest prizes and a manufacturer paid for a small banner ad for a while. I've had some offers fall through though. There were 2 companies willing to donate prizes when I talked to them at Surfaces 2012, but neither came through.

I have discussed with some the advantage of having TFP members do reviews, promoting their products in exchange for contest prizes or having a paid banner ad here. It was much easier selling flooring in my home town as a competitor to Home Depot and Lowe's 80 short miles away. :blink:

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I would think they view this site, along with all others in the biz. as an unbiased feedback how the industry views their products, sort of Like the Chinese are spying on us. Ooh low I know.
    Sort of like a black box to get free HBO you can watch the channel without paying for it. I think all the players should be listed on a tool directory list paid for of course.