What pointing device do you use?

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by Jim McClain, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Mouse, trackball, track pad (like on a notebook/laptop), stylus/finger on a mobile device?

The very first computer I ever used had a track pad - it was an Apple Powerbook. But that was only for a weekend and then I got a real computer. This was in 1991 and it came with a 2-button mouse. I don't know when I switched, but it wasn't long after that I discovered trackballs. Been a dedicated trackball user ever since... well, except when I'm using my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) and using the stylus or my finger for swiping.

My favorite trackball is the Kensington Expert Mouse. Tried many others and keep going back to this.
    41fiV4ZT5BL._SX300_.jpg

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Currently I'm using the wireless that came with my Mac I got just before Christmas.To me it SUCKS big time. All you have to do is lightly stroke it to go up down and sideways to go back and forward. It is the side stroke that screws me up. For example if on Facebook it will take me say back to here and then when I want to go back the page starts all over again instead of where I was. Plus it had no right or left. My daughter went in and made some changes, so now I have right and left.

:old:

Daris

3. Majwoody

Majwoody Pro Member

I bought a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse when I used my laptop plus a 23" monitor. I recently purchased a new desktop but kept the wireless combo. I like the idea of a track ball as I always run into shit with the mouse.