What kind of flooring is this????

Discussion in 'Looking For a Flooring Professional or Product' started by Nina_xiii, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Nina_xiii

Nina_xiii New Member

Help
    Im trying to find out what kind of flooring this is and where i can buy it. Nobody seems to know what kind of flooring is.

Attached Files:

2. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

I can't tell what I'm looking at from these pictures. Can you give us any more info?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Several years back, Mannington made a product that looked like this. The product was called iCore. The original iteration was a 5" x 6' plank with a beveled edge. It had a different edge locking mechanism than what you're showing in the pictures. After 5 or 6 years it had never really caught on because it was pretty pricey. They discontinued iCore and pulled the product from distribution. They took it in-house redesigned it and relaunched as iCore II. Since we didn't sell the iCore II I don't recall ever seeing the edge system on the iCore II, but the original product had this exact same hollow square-tube design. iCore II was around 2-3 years at most and then they shut down production. They used the same equipment that they make PVC pipe on to make the core and then fused a laminated top to it. That's pretty much the only product I've ever seen that had this hollow design.

There are so many "new' rigid core or WPC products coming in from Asia right now it's possible somebody knocked off the original iCore and added a new locking system and viola! you got what you see here.

4. Nina_xiii

Nina_xiii New Member

I don’t have any information about the flooring. In the pictures there is a cut piece witch shows the in side of the plank. Another pic shows the connections. Basically it’s like an L shape. Tge next plank clicks on top of the L of the previous plank. (Hope that makes sense)

5. Nina_xiii

Nina_xiii New Member

Here is more picks of how they connect hope this helps. I knew it’s hard to tell but pics and it’s hard to get good pics

Attached Files:

6. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

I found a thread on the product CFR was talking about but all the links are dead.

7. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator