What kind of adhesive will glue down transitiins on carpet

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by Carolina, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Carolina

Carolina New Member

My transitions that are laminate didn't stay stuck after the flooring guys installed my new carpet & laminate flooring. Can anyone suggest an adhesive that will glue them down? Thanks,

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

It would help to see how it was "installed" to know if they put a track in, which adhesive may have been used in order to know what to recommend. Transitions have to be the top of list for complaints.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I prefer silicone. Reducers stay put as long as you give it enough time to set. For heavy duty applications and stairnose I step up to construction adhesive and tell people to wait at least 24 hours before use which would include tucking carpet up to it.

4. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Sounds like you had someone else install your flooring. Are you having the installers come and fix the transitions? Did the laminate installers half ass the reducers or did the carpet guys pop them loose while tucking the carpet. Maybe the laminate and carpet guys were the same. Either way it sounds like someone else should be taking care of this for you.

If for some reason you are just going to do a repair yourself, be careful of using gorilla glue. It works good but it also expands while it cures and will ooze into places and on to surfaces that you might not want.

6. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

Any chance of a photo ?.

In reality it doesn't sound like they were installed correctly. Get the installers back to make it right.