What am I missing?

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Mike Antonetti, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

How come there is no monitor of vitals on a wristwatch? With all unexpected deaths. I'm no techie, does one exist? At least the stars, Supreme Court judges could afford.

So they could send an email, emergency alert, whatever/however.

2. Mike Antonetti

I recently saw a commercial on that. Looks like for fitness people. Can that email dangerous heart rate levels?

3. JPfloor

JPfloor Pro Member

It monitors your heart rate and syncs up with your smart phone. You can check you heart rate at any time at a glance but not your blood pressure. It will send you some silly e-mails about your "achievements" but nothing about dangerous heart rates....

Counts how many steps you take, how many miles you walk, how many stairs you climb, and how many calories you burn. I wore mine for about a month... Then it got boring...:cool:

4. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

5. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I have all that health monitor crap on my iPhone 6

The only thing I check on is my steps/walking distance estimates. When work is slow I'm trying to walk at least 3 miles a day. My dog is too old nowadays to go with me more than a mile and only then in the shade.

When I went to visit my son in San Francisco that son of a gun dragged us all over the city on foot. We walked 10 miles that day. All uphill.

6. jessicabaugh

jessicabaugh Pro Member

I use a fitbit. Love it.

7. blairrob

blairrob Member

The problem with the current tech is that the monitors chew up a lot of battery power when they're on. If you left the heart rate monitor on all the time you would have to recharge the damn thing 2 or 3 times a day with most watches. It's a pain in the butt. Blood pressure monitors on the wrist are still big honkin' units that you turn on whenever you want to do a check- too big for wearing around. I think the small units will be along soon, but we ain't there yet!

Patience. It will keep your BP down! :D

8. Mike Antonetti

Well thank you for that. Exactly what I was missing.

A few groups to benefit are heart conditions and Opiate addictions, and some sleeping, who I've heard a few people in my county in their 50's die in their sleep from heart attacks.

9. blairrob

blairrob Member

Yup, I have had a heart condition for over a decade now and had a small stroke last summer- now I don't exercise without a heart rate monitor and check my BP pretty regularly. Turned 54 last week. I actually discovered I had a heart problem by buying a heart rate monitor in 2003 to train for triathlons with. My HR was really high compared to my training buddies so I went to see the doc. That saved my life, or has at least extended to this point. They are useful little items. As are doctors, apparently. Who knew?

10. Mike Antonetti

One of the wife's friend that went to our restaurant/club died in his sleep last night @ 60 yo. Worked on computers for their office. So ongoing issue, this guy was well known in town. I think the numbers guys say 50-60 that death rate is going up while other age groups are dropping.

11. Mike Antonetti