Went to a Rays baseball game

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Mike Antonetti, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Pretty cool stadium, air conditioned, they played the Redsox. Stopped watching baseball maybe 25 years ago. The speed of the pitching was good, just not the accuracy, lot of dirt balls. Dam good catchers, the teams seemed kinda young, like college kids. Decent seats and the wife’s boss (Realtor) paid for it all including the party bus for the Fun events they have about every two months for morale.

Gotta say the ball game was enjoyable, didn’t know any names like back in the 80’s and it wasn’t the Yankees playing.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

Watched the Cardinals eliminate the Cubs from post season play this afternoon on tv.

3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

That sounds like a lot of fun. I got addicted to baseball when the Jays ran for the world series a couple years back.... but i fell off the wagon really hard when they tanked the next season.
    As we all have learned from my recent career moves, i am fickle.

Business partner and i took our lady friends to a Hockey game last year and from what i remember it was a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

When I was 15, my after school boss chartered a bus to take all his friends and employees to San Francisco's Candlestick Park for a baseball game. They made me the bus bartender. Anyway, I never followed baseball before that and was really bored during that game, so I took a taxi to go shopping. I taxied back to the Park, loaded my stuff on the bus and went back to my seat in the Park where no one seemed to know I was gone. The game lasted another hour - a long, boring hour to me.

The 5 hour ride home was fun. I got as drunk as everyone else on the bus. For the next few days I musta been asked about the game a million times and I couldn't think of anything to say because I didn't even see 80% of it. And I have watched 0% of baseball ever since. I can't figure out why it's called America's pastime. It's the second most boring sport in the world - golf is first. Now football... that's a different story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You mean that game where your guys all dress up with all sorts of padding so they dont get hurt? :)
    This is the real football game which us Kiwis do pretty well taking out the World Cup by starting the game with this to scare the opposition into loosing

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

My wife doesn't understand the dirt ball as you called it. It's a slider. It looks just like a fastball coming out of the pitcher's hand but drops off the table. It's a purely intentional pitch. A good catcher is a must

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Go All Blacks!

I try to watch it when it's on. I haven't been able to figure out all the rules yet. I like the part where one guy stands on another guys shoulders when they toss in the ball. It's like WWE Wrestling and full contact football with no pads and the rules are more of a suggestion. Awesome and very entertaining.

Wait...

I just realized I think I'm confusing Rugby and Australian Rules Football. Sorry.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Nope that about sums up rugby...
    I played for 2 seasons in high school. If i wasn't afraid to get hurt now i would do it again... but i am fat, and lazy, and old :(

9. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Mark I was wondering if I should click the Like or Agree button to what you said :D

10. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

Probably both, Jon. Since we don't have a snap crackle pop button!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Graeme

Graeme Pro Member

"Give blood, play rugby"