We Are Giving Away 10,000...

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

...CENTS!That's a hundred bucks! We are giving away $100.00 to the new member who makes our member tally turn over to 10,000. We are less than 100 members away from ten-thousand. If you are the one who joins and makes our statistics indicate that you are our 10,000th member, you will get 10,000 cents - $100.00 via Paypal.

[​IMG]

Don't try to keep an eye on the ticker though, because you won't be able to see it until the lucky winner has registered. The only members who will be able to see it are Charter Members (those who joined us nearly 8 years ago) and staff. They will keep us on the up and up.

But that's not all. Just to give all new members a fighting chance, we are giving away $50.00 gifts to two more randomly chosen new members - new members are those who join with a date/time stamp after this post goes live. The closing date and time of this contest is 5 days after number 10,000 shows up. This will give all the other new members a chance to post and win one of the 50-dollar prizes.

Here's how the contest works:

1. You must be a valid member - in compliance with all rules - to win.
    2. Prize money will be dispersed via Paypal only and you will be responsible for any fees Paypal collects from your winnings.
    3. The winner, member 10,000, must be a legal resident of the USA.
    4. The winners of the $50.00 prizes must be registered after the date/time of this post and be a legal resident of the USA and post at least 3 legitimate posts about flooring to qualify.
    5. All winners must provide administration with a valid Paypal account email to collect.
    6. All contest participants must be at least 18 years of age and be willing to provide proof of age on demand.
    7. Participants and winners can be either flooring industry pros, or consumer/DIYers.

If you are not a member yet and want a chance to win 10,000 cents or 50 bucks, please register now and start participating in one of the best flooring support sites on the Interweb.

[Small Print:] Please note that your member number is not the same as the number of members we have. We have and will continue to delete members from our database that have proven to be duplicates or for other administrative issues. The determining factor in this contest is only the statistics counter. A screen shot of that counter will be provided as proof and those members who will be able to see the counter will be able to attest to its legitimacy.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  2. Jim McClain

I sure hope all you current members reading this will help us reach that 10,000 marker. Invite all your facebook and LinkedIn friends. Share the link to this page with them. It's easy, just click that Share link next to the Like in my first post. Or visit the TFP facebook page and invite all your friends to like our facebook page. They will see the new cover photo and maybe read about the contest there.

Let the people know at the shops and stores you spend time at too, and don't forget, this contest is for Consumers and DIYers too, so invite anyone thinking about new flooring in the near future.

Let's see just how fast we can get 100 new members.

Jim

3. Jim McClain

PS: I just edited the contest specifics to say the end of the contest will be 5 days after the 10,000th member joins. This will give the newest members a chance to post and get those 2 50-dollar prizes.

4. Jim McClain

We have a winner!

Congratulations to pbreichert, the member who made us 10,000 strong.

[​IMG]

You win 10,000 pennies, in the form of a $100.00 Paypal award. I'll be contacting you via Personal Message to get some details so the award can be made. Spend it any way you like, but I think we all hope you will spend it on flooring related expenses. :D

Congratulations again and thank you for being a part of The Floor Pro Community.

Jim
    PS: Five days from now, we will announce the 2 winners of $50.00 awards, chosen from those new members since the beginning of this contest.

5. Jim McClain

And the two $50.00 winners are...

From the eligible members who joined TFP during this contest, the winners have been selected.

Congrats to heatweldingpro and federer.

You each win $50.00. Your prizes will be delivered via Paypal as soon as I have your addresses. Thank you for already being valuable members of The Floor Pro Community. I hope you will continue to be a part of us for years to come.

:welcome: to all the new members who have joined during this contest and to all the new members since.

Jim

6. federer

federer Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! let me be honest. when i signed up for this site, and saw this contest, i really thought 'yea another site trying to lure more members with some contest thing'. the internet has a tendency to do that to you. but at the same time, i didn't really care about it either way, because after browsing this forum, i knew this was the best place around for flooring amateurs like me. let's bypass the stats and all that: what stood out to me right away from day one was the quality. you could almost go into any random thread, with some stupid desperate question, and find REAL, GOOD advice from REAL pros that know their stuff. it's amazing! and most of the time, they get back to you fast! in this place we call internet, it's so warm to find genuine, hard working people so willing to help out others. I know i am going off tangent here, but for all the big corporate guys out there, with their big bonuses and all that, guess what? the floor your office sits on is probably thanks to one of these guys here, and as far as i am concerned they make everything you do possible.

I totally forgot! I need to thank all the other members here that make this community possible. It's because of all of you that we are here, and make this place as wonderful as it is.

anyways, I am quite shocked to be the winner. now if only i can use the $50 to bribe Jim to come over and do my floor for me ;)

7. Jim McClain

HaHa, fat chance. :D Maybe if you have an ambulance on standby. I had to retire a while back because of my health, so there ain't much crawlin' on my hands and knees anymore. I ain't happy about it, but I do love the job you and everyone else lets me do every day here at TFP. :yesss:

Thank you so much for your kind words. What you said is EXACTLY why so many of us like spending our time at TFP helping each other.

You're family now. Stick around.

Jim

8. federer

yay! i am family!!!!

9. HeatWeldingPro

HeatWeldingPro Pro Member

Definitely shocked and amazed to say the least! Shocked because I won the $50 contest advertised so explicitly on the front page and amazed at the guys here. I signed on and no more than 10 minutes into it I was in a conversation with some of you. This is a great place to be and an amazing place to call your own.

I look forward to contributing to the site and maybe giving back in my own unique way.

Thanks to everyone here. Live long and prosper!

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Ya could probably bribe Roland (he's in MD) usually all it takes is the promise of coffee!!

11. pbreichert

pbreichert New Member

Jim, Thank You!

I want to express my sincere appreciation for the $100 prize I received for being the "Lucky" 10K member. This came as a total surprise and the first time in my 60 years that I've ever won a contest!

As a result of the great advice and information gleaned from this site and posts from the floor pro community Pros, I now have a plan for my DIY "cabin in the woods" floor remodel project. The prize money will be used as a down payment on a couple floor preparation products that I learned about in the forums. I will also be donating some of the prize money to my local "Habitat for Humanity" materials collection center.

Many Thanks to the Floor Pro Community for all the great information provided and for the generous prize.

Paul Reichert, The Lucky 10K Guy and Floor DIYer - Seabeck, WA

12. federer

whatttttt who's roland???? i got $50 for you buddy!:)

off topic, but my member status now says i am family! yea!!!!!

13. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

You don't need the $50! :rolleyes: Just Coffee! ;)

14. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Roland lives maybe an hour from you. A promise of coffee will definitely perk up his ears. Only thing is I don't think you can afford that much coffee. He does it by IV when he's working and can't get to the pot. ;)

:old:

Daris

15. federer

hahahhaha

ok $50 in coffee polestretch, that work?

hmm IV drip...that is tough. what do you guys suggest i do? ;)

16. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

Sorry, doctors have banned me from all coffee. It's Roland you're chasing!!!!:yesss:

17. federer

oh sorry i meant $50 worth of coffee for roland

18. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

He also likes to have his bald head rubbed if that helps. But give him the coffee first.;)

:old:

Daris

19. Jim McClain

I thought you'd like that. You can change your user title any time you want in your User CP.

20. federer

hmmm. if there is one thing i am good at, its definitely........not rubbing bald heads. damnit!