Watcha think? (website)

Discussion in 'Food for The Floor Pro' started by Barry Carlton, May 30, 2013.

1. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Here is my new website. I know the web pros do not like drag and drop templates but when you can only afford a bicycle, well you ride it. It's pretty simple for now, but all you regular Joes out there tell me what you think.

Carpe Diem Catering - Home

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Looks good, Barry. Clean and simple to navigate. I would suggest adding some of your typical menu offerings. It helps the customer that may know nothing about you find out a little more about what kind of food is an option for them.

I hope that catering is going well for you and that you've been able to get off your knees. Lord help the rest of us...

3. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

awesome

now I'm hungry

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Lookin good, maybe ya can whip up something for all of us! :eek:

5. Ricardo Chavez

Ricardo Chavez Pro Member

looks really good barry

6. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Nice Barry, :yesss: Good Job ! Hope the cheffing is well. I wish I could eat the products I'm cutting :p

Hey ! I'm remembering an old post of yours about this, looking for suggestion,
    and such,............... Well ! I have one, :eek: I feel the main page is quite wordy, funny coming from ME ! Mr. over-use of words :p :(

Anyhow, are you interested in hearing some free amateur or shall I say armature editing advise :p :p ( remember CP rippin me a new one about that ?.......... darn spell checker )

Let me know ? and Good hearing from you !

Mike

7. Barry Carlton

Thread title is "whatcha think?" Mike...so sure

8. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Off the top of my smiley :) Barry,

Every Day Deserves a Feast, Carpe Diem Catering is the choice, A full service Co. providing ..............Anv. dinners,weddings, fam reunions, Board Meetings, or ? sorry Barry, I'm stuck on finding some different wording for the Dream Party thing. To be continued or maybe help from others, hint, hint :D

With 20 years exp. in Authentic French, etc, etc

That's all for now, time to cut rugs, Amateur editing over :p

Mike

9. Demonseed

Demonseed Pro Member

I am going to do the potato cups, that is an awesome idea (that I thought of 2 seconds before looking at your website).

10. Demonseed

Demonseed Pro Member

If you want to get picky, "There was only about 20 in attendance"

should be: "There were only about 20 in attendance"

11. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I like the simple site, loaded pretty good on dial up internet. I like putting my name out there on anything I do, I didn't see anything like that on there. Maybe some photos of you in action whipping up some dish of something. Looks good though. I have been thinking of a website for my Vortex floors, I can join a web co-op site to add my photos to for a price.

12. Barry Carlton

I had 2 people proof it, one of which is very picky/detail oriented, we all missed that one. I had several instances of that mistake though, maybe we all got used to reading it. Thankx

13. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Barry I don't know if I have got this wrong due to your funny American words but to me if "Seized Days" means confirmed bookings with only the one booking on your site I would think that you haven't any other bookings and why? Why don't you use another word like saying this is one of the functions we have done.
    If one is inquiring for a future date for your function please contact us

14. Barry Carlton

You are not misunderstanding the page Jon. I was doing several events per season "on the side", but when, after much encouragement and support, I got licensed and a business name, ....crickets..... (meaning no calls or bookings). I have some coming up here at home and in CA coming up, so the page will grow as the events are covered.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  15. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

But do you think it is wise to have it that way? It always worries me if I am to be the first customer. I would probably be looking at another catering site

16. Barry Carlton

Not sure how to answer that Jon. As with most new ventures it starts with referrals and acquaintances. They know my past informal events and skill.

While these are the only pictures so far, it is not my first or only event, just to only pics so far.

Finally, honesty has never done me any permanent harm, rather it has always benefited me in the long run.

If someone wants to go somewhere else because I do not have more pictures or past events listed that is their loss not mine. (This is the same attitude I have had in flooring for years...their loss not mine)

I am, however, having a pro photographer take pics at my next event. He works weddings and we will be working together at future events regularly. I'm a pretty good picture taker, he is a pro.

Side note since I loosely compared this with flooring above. It is amazing how many people will waste my time on pricing and consultations then will "cater" it internally with family and friends. DIY lives in nearly all areas of life. :(

17. Demonseed

Demonseed Pro Member

That works both ways, if you see someone starting out with the experience and references, why wouldn't you try them? It usually indicates you will get more personalized service and you know they are going to really work hard to impress you. I think the honest approach works best, let people know who and what you are about, and go from there.