WANTED: 9x9" wood tiles

Discussion in 'Looking For a Flooring Professional or Product' started by Lulu, Sep 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Lulu

Lulu New Member

Des anyone know where I can order some 9x9 likely oak (but not sure) wood tiles? Our house was built in the 60's. This is a picture I found on the internet (i.e. not my house), but the tiles I want look exactly like this attached photo (which is what led me to this website. Can anyone help? I'm in the DC area. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

That looks to be custom made. I've installed tons of parquet which is similar but with strips of wood in each square. I haven't ever seen your floor for sale commercially.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I kinda remember someone post similar hardwood about a year ago.

4. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Pro Member

Yeah I've custom manufactured tile like that from sheet goods, but as above the only parquet I've seen sold has strips of wood, and they're usually 5.5x5.5

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

The wood tiles pictured probably wouldn't be too difficult to make from any engineered wide plank flooring. Finding 9" wide plank flooring would be the real trick.

6. Ed

Ed Charter Member

They still make it , or something similar. Google "old bruce unit block". The ones I saw were 32 for 180 bucks. You should be able to find it much cheaper.

7. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Interesting.

I've seen similar materials but they were all very old. I wouldn't have expected that to be available other than like kwfloor says-----CUSTOM.

8. Ed

Ed Charter Member

That's the stuff they used in the 60's and 70's to close on the loan. Then they would install carpet. Took up TONS of it. I saw it in stock somewhere a few years ago and was surprised they still made it. It may have been in a big box store or a local surplus outlet.

9. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

10. Chava

Chava New Member

Hi I came across this post -- also in the DC area and looking for the exact same thing. Lulu, did you ever find this and do you happen to have extra to sell? Thanks!