Vinyl Welding & Flash Cove Certification

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Mike Antonetti, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Ya’ll My as well build some credentials.

FLASHCOVE, HEAT WELD NAFCT CERTIFICATION CLASS

PITTSBURGH, PA

February 17-19 2020

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

Their website is horrible, at least viewed from my Windows PC. I can't find any information about this course, no synopsis, no details, nothing on their website. And even less about it on their facebook page.

I tried it on my smartphone and the home page looks a lot different, but I couldn't click for any more info. At the bottom there was a link to the desktop version, which showed me the horrible PC version of the site. Then I clicked the Show Simplified Version link and it was readable, but not navigable. Finally I kept hitting my browsers back button to get back to the default mobile view.

Man, that's messed up. :( Sure wish they had actual detailed information about their courses we could pass along to our members and visitors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That’s why I don’t have a website. If I can’t navigate without thinking on a website, it’s not worth it, and someone on mine should be exactly the same. I saw something about it not being secure and the last one I forwarded you my sent email spun for weeks. Somehow recently it’s not in limbo anymore.

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

All the browsers now "complain" when a website doesn't use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to protect its visitors - you'll see that "Not Secure" notation at the top near the address bar. It isn't a big deal if the website doesn't use any forms that a visitor or member would fill out. But if there is a comment box, contact form, registration/login form, then the site should use some degree of security protocol.

The NAFCT site was built using the "free" Site Builder feature on GoDaddy. It may not cost the user a monthly fee, but it does cost them in traffic, search engine ranking and, as in this case, useability. There are many inexpensive options out there that work far better, but as the Internet grows, it gets more complicated - and more expensive. Still though, professionals in any occupation can improve their bottom line with a basic website and cross promotion on social media without spending a fortune or a tremendous amount of time.

• Like Like x 2