Viking Kitchen Carpet

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by Jim McClain, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

A blast from the past. Musta installed thousands of yards of this crap.

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

4'6" goods 25 year warranty? Installing it wasn't a problem. Taking it up was the bitch with all those white threads running through the rubber. that was the bitch. I saw some that an installer took up about 10 years ago from a commercial job. so it wore like iron. It didn't look that bad after all those years.

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 1
  3. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

Those were always the worst carpets to remove. Never failed, have to remove a kitchen carpet and put down vinyl. Then you got there and looked and it was VIKING. Holy sh$t, you knew you were in for a long, hard day, you slept good that night. That adhesive for that carpet would probably last 100 years before it released the carpet, if it ever would. Never found a Viking carpet that was ever lose because of glue failure.
    I used to think that the guy that put that down should have to come back and take it out. LOL

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Just watched the video, sounds like my grandparents needed that carpet, there were burn holes everywhere. Clothes included, wine as well.

Was kangaback a competitor or next generation of cushionback?

Saw some cushionback squares at Winn Dixie pharmacy I lifted up to look, may put squares in another room, a cushion would help in the approval process from the wife, but if not available too bad, I'll say easier to clean.

So I assume this lady was influential, like Martha ____? (Stewart,remembered)I need that jellyfish medication to help me remember! like actors and sports people, makes me laugh, oh take their medications they recommend and then the lawsuits months later about the dangers.

I haven't seen carpet in kitchens in Florida I think never.

5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I watched a show on PBS about the 50's and they were showing what polymer did to improve life..or end it. Most of the things they were inventing out of it would burn readily. So the people that lived through that, when this Viking ad came out and wouldn't burn it probably sold in a heart beat.