Vesdura vinyl planks

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Lenzo, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Lenzo

Lenzo New Member

Hello there, new to site. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the Vesdura Vinyl Planks? I am considering this product for a diy in my hallway and great room (525 sq.ft.). I want to float it over the OSB subfloor after pulling up the 10 yearold carpet. OSB is 10 years old also. Tips?

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Not familiar, who carries it? OSB close to smooth.
  3. Lenzo

Lenzo New Member

Ordering from build direct. I believe the product is manufactured in British Columbia. I have yet to pull the old carpet.
  4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You might have to smooth the joints on the OSB and also any spots where moisture got on the floor.
  5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

What I would do personally is order one box after you narrowed it down to your choice from sample pieces, then you can see all pieces, put them together and see if you like them , and the quality of product.
    The big box stores you can put your hands and eyes on stocked product, if your a box short a trip back to the box store is convenient, if your two boxes over you can bring one back, not so with others.
  6. Lenzo

Lenzo New Member

Thanks Mike and KW. I may just replace a section of OSB where our new little dog peed on the carpet a few times (stained). I guess it is possible the OSB soaked in some urine too.
  7. marytt

marytt New Member

The Vesdura vinyl planks did tear and wear when it was about 5 years old but the manufacture said 25 years warranty. It showed tear when it was about 5 years old.
  8. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

I was just curious how you found out the product was made in BC? Honestly, from looking at the information in a google search and knowing what I know about the business, this looks like an import product from Asia. The biggest clue is that when you google the brand name, there is no manufacturer's site. The first thing you see is build directs site followed by a list of other web companies who also sell the product. Doesn't mean it's a bad product, but it doesn't seem like they are real forthcoming about where it's made and what the specifications are.
  9. j248

j248 I Support TFP

100% on that CRF. It is a Canadian company, that appears to either have private labeled products from other brands, and/or both that as well as their own.