Upcoming Training & Other Industry Events

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Jim McClain, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Have you noticed the Events notification panel in the What's Going On box near the bottom of the forum home page? How about a similar module near the bottom of all search pages, including the one you go to for New Posts and when you look for all posts or topics by a specific user or are just using the Advanced Search feature to find something on the forums?

The one on the forum home has always been there, but the other modules are new. I know that a lot of members don't see much of the forum home page because you might just click to the New Posts page and then you're gone. I think it's important to make everyone aware of the industry training and events coming up. I have a hard time keeping up with them, but I hope just having that box stare at me when I visit all those pages, I will know I'm expected to keep it full.

But any flooring professional that is a member here can add any training event or convention. It's very similar to making a post in a topic. And if you screw it up, I'll be happy to fix it. It would be easier for me to fix some than have to be responsible for adding every training event all by myself.

Staff: hint hint.
    TFP industry members: he'p a guy out.

If you can't be bothered with the calendar, at least let me know when you hear of some seminar, class or convention. Send me an email or a PM. You can even post about it here in this forum - that's what this forum is all about.

I will send a sweet TFP embroidered cap to the member who posts the most training events the rest of this month (staff are not eligible for this prize). The event has to be held sometime between the date you post it and the end of this year. It can't be a duplicate of any existing event. You can post it in the calendar or in a new topic in this forum. If it's a tie, I'll pick the best laid out one - yeah, looks are important. View some of the current calendar events to see examples. You can use pictures too. And the event has to link to the organization running it and have contact info to learn more about it.

Go ahead, you know you want the cap. :D

2. Sean Moore

Sean Moore Pro Member

I saw it, I hadn't clicked on it yet.

I will. Tomorrow.