Ultra Ever Dry

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Video Collection' started by Flooring Specialty Inc, May 2, 2014.

1. Reading 'Work Boots' made me think of it. If you do enough self leveling / prime / moisture mitigation this should be interesting.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE"]The Official Ultra-Ever Dry Video - Superhydrophobic coating - Repels almost any liquid! - YouTube[/ame]

Part II:

[ame]http://youtu.be/BvTkefJHfC0[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  2. Omnipotent

Omnipotent Flying Dutchman

is that expensive?

3. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

WALL-ALL-BE !!!
    Appears to be an amazing product.
    I wonder if it remains flexible to some point.

4. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member I Support TFP

Been reading about this stuff for a while now. Nissan is using this tech in their car paint in a couple years.

The main downside is that it has to be reapplied every so often or it looses it's mojo.

5. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

very cool

6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I checked on the website and there are different products for stone, glass, wood etc. When I did a google search, one site said this:The Ultra-Ever Dry coatings in their liquid state are based on xylene (bottom coat)
    and acetone (top coat) and emit powerful amounts of fumes.

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Yeah I saw full hazmat suits in the video, so I guess you can't spray it on humans, wouldn't need a hair dryer. Kinda reminded me of RainX. It showed what all it can do but when you slide cement down a chute, it's gonna wear away rather quickly, and would also abrade from boots and you can't just reapply it out of a shoe shine can. Nevertheless very interesting product, finding an application for it I don't know.

Ok just saw the second video, at the end was a disclaimer about how impractical the video was, and the third video their making will be real world use, I get ketchup and mustard falling off my sandwiches without having to spray any dressing on them.
    Let me scrutinize the video prior to release, and they probably will hold back on proprietary use for industrial purposes due to competition,I want it on my truck.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
  8. Direct carpets

Direct carpets Pro Member

Wonder if it would work in mixing buckets?? easy clean up..

9. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

seems perfect for so many applications.

10. Mike Antonetti

If you breathe it during application will your body internally repel water? They say industrial use, I don't think I will ever see it. Strict applications, DuPont probably already tried to buy it or already is capable of duplicating it.

11. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

Your next frying pan will have this cancer juice sprayed all over it ;)

12. kwfloors

Its only 39.00 a quart and you need the primer too, for 39.00.

13. Mike Antonetti

So you can buy it ? What applications you thinking of KW? You already have the gear, does tyvek suit work?
    The quart would include the part B?

14. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

So if I put this stuff on my clothes..... How do I wash them? :blink: :eek:

15. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You don't have to. Dirt just falls right off them! ;):cool:

:old:

Daris

16. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

Does that mean I would never have to do wash again? :blink: :ohno:

17. kwfloors

Yes but you would have to wash everything else cause it got dirty. I think it would be good on boots and shoes. Kind of like gortex. Your shoes would never track mud in. Hey, plumbers should all be sprayed with it.