Turbo Detail Nozzle

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by Mark Brown, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

So, i have been looking at this thing for some time now, but i cannot quite rap my head around its value. What can i do with that thing that i cannot do with a pencil nozzle and free hand welding? I cannot think of a benefit... but i am open to comments

2. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Borrow mine, practice, you’ll know

3. Mark Brown

But that isn't a helpful answer lol
    See all week i have been flashing PVC, and after the flat work is done i knock the tip off and rip away with my pencil nozzle. So far i'm about 26 insides and 3 outsides into the project and i haven't had a pop out yet, so how much easier can it be... if free is already doing pretty darn good?
    You know, i cannot believe i use to weld corners and verticals with a standard tip.. ahh the days of ignorance. Would have been a lot easier to learn if someone had of been around to teach me :p

4. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

When we were at Vegas several years ago I bought one but not the bit which makes it go right angles
    Mark if you want to pop down here you can try mine if you like :)
    I have only had a little play with mine as I do not do much commercial type vinyls these days
    Getting toooo old for those heavy rolls

5. Link the two, let’s “see” them. Does it have a better angle? Different metal? What’s it cost?

If you’re wondering why not get it? That way you can compare the two and use the “favorite”, the other will sit on the bench!

I buy the potentially better, also the competition, just bought a larger grinder(used) I have to go through to see how to convert it to 220v as I know the energy of 110 is severely limited.

You’re at the level of expertise where YOU decide which is better, and why! Some as you’ve mentioned haven’t “explained” the why part.

6. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

So, are you using the grooved wheel, with the home running thru the handle to feed the rod?

7. Mark Brown

No.. I just grab weld rod and guide it in. Works like a hot damn.