Training advantages?

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Elmer Fudd, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I'm going to a hard surface training next week and was just thinking about the advantages of 'one source' training. Should it be IICRC, FITS, FCITS. ITS, is it wise to choose one and stick with it or spread your training around?

2. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

I am currently certified with only FITS. I was originally certified with Tim and his old company. I have learned so much from Tim and Tandy in the last two years. Unfortunately Tim is no longer with us but Tandy has done a fantastic job with his teachings. In my opinion Tandy's knowledge of flooring is second to none. He is always available for tech support when you need it. Other than a few distirbutor credentials, FITS is the only certifications that I am and will continue to carry. Besides, I myself with the way our economy is here in Michigan cannot afford to be certified by everyone. Since the inception of FITS in September of 2004 the inspections have continued to come in just as they did before. I made the choice in September 2004 to go with Tim's knowledge and his confidence in Tandy to make FITS a successful training organization. I have no regrets about sticking with one organization that I know has, IMO the best knowledge available.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  3. selvalee

selvalee No one special Senior Member

lmao lmao lmao :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I have lots of different training and I think it helps, to me, you CAN NOT AFFORD NOT TO HAVE CROSS TRAINING , different views and approaches helps understand the different ways of looking at a problem,
    just my opinion,
    and yes, Tandy does a great job so I am not saying don't go, go after you go to his!
    slt

4. Al Czervik

Al Czervik Charter Member

Don't bother with the cleaners