Tool Give-Away to Celebrate 5 Years of The Floor Pro Community

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

The Floor Pro Community and Shank Floor Tools
    is giving away a new tool every day in May 2011
    to celebrate TFP's 5th anniversary.

May 2011 marks five years online for The Floor Pro Community. Helping consumers, do-it-yourselfers and flooring professionals from around the world has been our focus since May 2006. We have grown to almost 4,500 members, posted over 9,000 topics and brought dedicated flooring professionals together from every segment of the floorcovering industry. Together with consumers who need advice on the best flooring for their needs and the home handyman and handywoman who want guidance on doing their projects the right way, we have become the premier flooring website on the Net.

Helping us celebrate our 5 years is Shank Floor Tools and owner David Shasnk. David is an inventor and creator of flooring tools for the pro and the do-it-yourselfer. He has offered us a chance to give away a tool for every day of May. And together, we have come up with an easy way for you to be the winner of one of these great tools.

Who can win:

Any registered member of The Floor Pro Community, pro or not a pro. If you are not a member now, registration is free and easy. You cannot win if you are not a member. Staff and their families are not eligible to win public contests.

How you can win:

Post flooring related messages for all to see. You can do that by starting a new topic or replying to an existing topic (forum rules apply - don't post to topics older than 30 days). Only posts in public, flooring related forums apply. Posts made in private forums or off-topic forums do not count toward eligibility for a tool.

How the winner is selected:

Each daily winner is selected from all members who posted on the forums that day. A random number has already been selected by David Shasnk, for each of the days in May. The member ID number (each registered member has a unique ID number) that comes closest to matching that preselected number will be the winner for that day. The winner each day must have posted that day. And the winner can not win more than one prize during this month long give-away. All winners will be announced on the last day of May - there will be 30 winners, beginning on May 1 and ending on May 30, with the last day of the month reserved for tallying and making the announcement.

The Tools:
    • 10 Multi-creasers
    • 10 Wall Trimmer Plates
    • 5 Air-ez
    • 5 Stand-up Trowels

The contest begins at midnight, May 1, 2011 and ends midnight, May 30, 2011. All times are Pacific Time. Good luck to all and thank you very much to David Shasnk and Shank Floor Tools.

All tools will be shipped from Shank Floor Tools. David Shasnk is solely responsible for providing and shipping all contest prizes. Winners names and addresses will be sent to David Shasnk so that the tools can be shipped out as soon as possible. If the winner does not provide the shipping information, the tool will be forfeited. There will be no alternate winners and winners may not designate an alternate recipient.

2. Jim McClain

The Multi-Creaser Tool for carpet and vinyl:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbventJFQP8"]carpet & vinyl multi installation tool , THE CREASER - YouTube[/ame]

Ten of these tools will be given away during the month of May, 2011.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  3. Jim McClain

The Wall Trimmer Plate:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf-wQC9UyfM"]carpet trimmer wheels "carpet tucker" - YouTube[/ame]

Ten of these tools will be given away for the 5th year anniversary of The Floor Pro Community.

4. Jim McClain

Air-EZ Appliance Mover:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ4C9ifCS50]YouTube - AIR-EZ drag fridge across laminate edge without any damage .flv[/ame]

Five of these will be given to winners of our 5th year anniversary give-away.

5. Jim McClain

Standup Trowel:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixw0fI9eh1w"]STANDUP TROWEL, Stand up glue trowel THE EZ-TROWELER shankfloortools.com - YouTube[/ame]

Five winners will be spreading glue the easy way. Win by posting flooring related messages in any of our public flooring forums.

If you are not a registered member, you can't win. Register your free account now: www.TheFloorPro.com/community/register.php

6. TwoStar

TwoStar Maybe Three

Forget it. I don't have any questions, I guess. :) My eyes were all bleary from just waking up. I couldn't see the fine print.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. Jim McClain

After tallying all the posts for May 1, 2011, we have a winner. This member joined us late last year. Thank you for all the activity today (well, I guess it was yesterday now).

All winners names will be announced on the last day of this month. Only one winner per day and no winner can win again. Good luck. There are 29 more prizes to win. Rules are in the first post of this topic.

Jim

8. Jim McClain

Another active day on the forums and Shank Floor Tools is providing yet another tool to one of our members. This time the winner is a charter member and a flooring professional with many years experience. Maybe the old dog can learn a few new tricks with his new tool.

Winners names won't be announced until the last day of the month, so keep posting. Remember, the only posts that count for the contest are those made in the public, flooring related forums. It's great to see all the posting, teaching, learning and camaraderie in the private, pros only forums, but if you want to win a tool, you gotta post public too. :yesss:

Oh yeah, non-pros, do-it-yourselfers and consumers can win too.

Jim

9. Jim McClain

Another tool going to a member who joined us in 2009. Three tools won, 27 to go. You can be a winner.

10. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton Senior Member Published

And we have another winner!!!! Thanks to all who post with both questions and answers. 4 winners and 26 to go!! :)

11. Jim McClain

It's a REAL celebration now. It is The Floor Pro Community's 5th anniversary today and I'm please to say that our newest winner (for yesterday, but I get to say it today) is a great guy who joined this site exactly 5 years ago today.

Yea for him and yea for TFP.

Jim

12. Jim McClain

Our 6th winner is someone who joined late last year. He has added a lot of spice to our discussions, so I am glad to see him win.

You could win too. There's 24 more prizes to award. Get to postin'!

13. Jim McClain

Another charter member will be taking our seventh prize home.

It's not too late for old and new members, pro and non-pros alike. We've got 23 more tools from Shank Floor Tools to give away.

Jim

14. Jim McClain

We skipped an announcement, but we didn't skip awarding another member a new tool. Actually, it's two members and two tools since the last post. Twenty-one more prizes to go in the next 21 days.

Jim

15. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

So many tools, so few days.

Step right up and post your way to a new tool!

Any post can be a winnah!

16. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

:blink:.....:cool:

17. Jim McClain

Another winner today, this time from one of our DIY members who joined us just this month.

Tomorrow's another day - maybe YOUR day to win. :D

Jim

18. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

And we have another winner today of great prize from Shank Floor Tools and there still is time for everybody to enter as we are not even half way through TFP's Birthday month to get one of these tools. Keep on posting in the public forums and be in with a chance to win

19. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton Senior Member Published

And the winner is........to be announced after 18 more win. Our way of sharing our anniversary celebration with you.

Be sure to post your questions, answers, and comments in the Public Forums to qualify.

20. ortiz34

ortiz34 2nd generation Senior Member

Just saw this...what crazy tools this guy has! Awesome contest
    I have to send these youtube vids around to my guys.

Best of luck everyone

BTW, I know winners aren't announced here till the end of month, however are they notified before then?