Toe kick cutter for Luxury vinyl

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Installation & Maintenance Tips' started by Floored by Newman, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Floored by Newman

Floored by Newman Floored by Newman

Worked better than the knife. Battery powered does limit use but got the job done! Applied two layers of blue tape w/ one layer duct over blue for protection. 8050 Micro / Model: 8050 EZ476 EZ Lock

2. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

Does that thing bog-down easily?

3. Floored by Newman

It does with pressure. I let the tool do the work. Battery did not last long enough though.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

What did you cut sheet vinyl for removal?
    I couldn't get a toekick saw under a saltillo removal. I would like a better saw/system. Sometimes I can't get my small grinder all the way back for thinset removal.

5. Floored by Newman

Mike the cabinets had been set on a IVC modelo. No score and nap one way with this stuff. Really was not the easiest task. The fiberglass reinforce really makes this stuff tuff. Bought the display model cause orange had not one in stock :( Our work can be difficult in a small city from sales to install.

6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I got ya, you can't get leverage with a utility knife under toekick and force to cut thru vinyl tile is excessive.
    I haven't run into LVT under cabinets yet. Sheet, ceramic, hardwood, makes sense only matter of time.