Todays World

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Daris Mulkin, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

When I was a kid going to the movies they had rocket ships, lasers, etc in the serial movies like Buck Rogers. Today we have those items.

Remember the movie Airplane, especially the part where the nuns went through the scanner and they showed up naked?? Well we are now there and have those kind of scanners also plus the fact that some stranger can pat you down and touch your "junk" without any recourse. If you don't allow it it can be a $11,000 fine. You or I do that and it is off to jail. I'm surprised that someone hasn't decked one of the TSA agents over it. But the ones I've seen thought that they were God the way they acted.

I'll probably be put on the no fly list for posting this.

Daris

2. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

New TSA rules.

Attached Files:

3. Sean Moore

Sean Moore Pro Member

If I were in charge you would FedEx or UPS your luggage, strip buck nekkid and don a disposable paper suit. Bowel evacuation before flight must be proven (hey, we don't like searching up there any more than you do!) Please show up the night before your flight so you can eat lots of potatoes.

I have a few control issues.

4. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

You don't travel much do ya Rusty?

Clothes aren't returned

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

6. rusty baker

Do you suppose that CP pats down his passengers?:eek:

7. David Hunt

David Hunt Charter Member Senior Member Published

Are you kidding? Twice if he needs a second opinion. :D

Dobby

8. rusty baker

Leno says..."TSA handles more junk than E-Bay."

9. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

Their new slogan is:
    "We handle more packages than UPS and Fed-X combined"

10. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

When we flew from here one month ago we had to go through two lots of security leaving Auckland to fly into San Fran Leaving San Fran to Toronto it was just the normal, shoes off, belt off, empty pockets etc. and we never really left the airport but we were on the public side. Leaving New York to LA was the same and then the same to fly back to NZ. No fancy machines but when we went up the Empire State Building everyone had to go through this different scanner where you had to stand on the feet marks for a couple of seconds

11. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

That particular machine actually puffs air at you and captures what comes off your clothes sniffing it for explosives.

12. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I would rather get a pat down then take my shoes off. I've flown a 100+ times and there's nothing more annoying. One idiot ruins it for millions. The thing about the pat down is that it's pretty random and I've only been selected randomly once to have my bag searched so it's not really likely that you're going to have to go through this unless you travel often.

Either way, it's unneccesary and I hate that the government can basically make up any ridiculous rule at any time and enforce it on all those that want to travel by air.

13. Len Perkins

Len Perkins Cool Guy with Kool Glide Charter Member

I flew from Jacksonville, fl. to Phoenix a couple weeks ago. I got my first scan and then the TSA agent said I had to have a pat down. I told him he must really like me!! Boy he had no since of humor.

14. rusty baker

I would like to see everyone just stay home and shut down the air travel this weekend. Maybe then the TSA would get the message.

15. Mike Sahli

Mike Sahli Pro Member

A scan and a pat down ???

OK Len, whats in your underware ????....:confused: Oh wait.... Never mind....:(

16. Athens Carpetman

Athens Carpetman Pro Member

I agree totally.

17. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Its pretty bad when women have to remove their breast prosthesis and a man had his urine bag seal broken. I'm for safety but c'mon.

I wonder what they would say if you gave them some oohs and aahs when being patted down.

I've been patted down many times even when not setting off the metal detector. I think it was something in the coding on the ticket.

I have seen many things get by on the checks that to me shouldn't have like knitting needles, wooden meat skewers, that sort of thing.

I had a cheapo slide knife in my pocket once that I had forgotten about. They took it and asked if I would have liked to mail it home. I donated it to them and got a smile.

I flew with a 3" needle stuck in my wallet for many years without them catching it, then one time coming out of Tampa I saw them check some guys wallet. Walked over to the trash can and removed it. Don't carry needles anymore.
    They got my wifes finger nail file, was she ever po'ed especially after going to the seating area and there some woman is filing her nails.

Best one was though when Kenny Miles and I was flying out of Little Rock and I had inadvertantly put my pouch in my brief case. Kenny and I both had identical brief cases and they passed mine and tore his apart trying to find my pouch. Must have run that thing through the xray a half dozen times before they gave up. I knew what they were looking for on the 2nd try.

So things get missed. :eh:

Daris

18. Kman

Kman Tile Expert I Support TFP Senior Member Published

It's a reaction to the recent threats, and will probably calm down over time. People are getting upset because this is the furthest the TSA has gone to date, and every time they set a new precedent people get their undies in a bundle. 'Course, the TSA wants to feel the bundle, now.

It's simply one of those things that has to be balanced, safety vs. privacy. Nobody wants to be searched, but nobody wants to be on a plane that crashes into the side of a building after being hijacked. I personally don't want to be in the building, either. I mean, I know you guys are good, and you know I am, but the guys working security up there don't know you or me from Adam. Nine years ago this stuff wasn't any problem, but we all know what changed that.

The TSA's are also randomly checked, wherein their supervisors will send someone through with something hidden in their carry-on or in their clothing. If the agents don't catch it, they're usually out of a job right then. Kinda puts the pressure on them to do their job properly, ya know.

I used to run into a similar type situation when I worked for the city police. We would regularly get complaints from local residents about speeders/reckless drivers on their street or in their neighborhood. I would set up somewhere in the area and invariably the first person I would catch would be the complainant. Of course, I wasn't supposed to enforce the law on them, just everyone else that was speeding. :yesss:

19. twomly

twomly Pro Member

The one thing i don't understand is why do you need a pat down if they got a scanner we have them at all our airports now, i would have to write a letter of complaint to the authorities, I mean guys come on you can see every inch of my body all round right down to the flesh and bones so why the pat down is this job justification or are they getting a kick out of it i wonder.
    And another thing take all your metal objects and put them in this tray so it can be scanned, next time they ask me to remove my belt from my pants, I'm gonna fake an accident get some crowns from the dentists bit of red food dye pants fall down trip out come the crowns and a little red food dye for the effect.

Twomly

20. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

People who don't want to be viewed (naked) through the new high tech X-rays here in the United States can choose to be taken out of that line and instead they are given an alternative physical inspection by Transportation Security Administration personnel. It involves a fairly aggressive manipulation of personal private parts to ensure no hidden contraband.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.