Titan 4000 Hydroxyl Generator

Discussion in 'Cleaning, Maintenance & Restoration' started by Mike Sliwinski, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Just looked at a carpet job to be installed next week and the entirer home
    reaks with Nasty urine and feces smell. I'm hoping to guide a friend on the best way to eliminate this offensive odor as he's being contracted to remove the old carpet and pad and to clean the place up before new carpet.

Chemicals or the Titan Hydroxyl Generator, or maybe both. Also, there seems to be some controversy about using this machine while being occupied. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming we can rent one, but haven't found a local source yet.

Thanks in advance
    Mike

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I posted on Mikey’s ? (Cleaning forum) About one on auction, sold for 1k$ when it was @ 4K new. They are safer than ozone generators. Not sure about occupied, I’d say no, it captures/absorbs/combines with oxygen molecule or splits and absorbs?

To get rid of odors it’s always to remove then encapsulate.

Attached Files:

3. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

From the description on that Amazon link -

4. Mike Sliwinski

Thanks Mike/Steve

It appears / the controversy, is that the Hydroxyl Generator does release ozone, an acceptable amount, as per government standards. However, I'm not willing to take a chance with workers and customer in the treatment space.

I'm now recommending and will most likely need to supply an ' Air Scrubber ' with charcoal filter, as my friend already bleached surfaces and sealed the concrete, but it still smells :sick: !!......looks like it's on me, if I want a more pleasant working environment. I should refuse the job,
    but kinda stuck..............Hopefully a few days air scrubbing will turn sewage smell into roses. Probably should sub-contract, but that wouldn't be very nice now would it.

Mike

5. Mike Antonetti

Couple of the ozone generator companies went out of business as they were touted to sleep at night in the bedroom with them going. Side effects were headaches and bleeding.

Get with your local remediation supply company for liquids etc. I have a charcoal filter for my scrubber but it doesn’t stop the source. Odor Control is a whole other specialty. I got some thick books from my course, I’d have to refer to them for guidance.

6. Mike Sliwinski

Thanks Mike, relax and leave the books alone. I'll hit up the supply house
    for some liquid advise......I wanted them to higher a restoration co. but that won't happen.:mad:........... Should, I mean could refuse entry until after remediation, but ??

I'll bring a case of matches with me, striking one every 5 min. o_O

7. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Is it cat pee? Cats like to spray up on things as opposed to just pissing on the floor. Maybe some Vick’s vapor rub under your nose like the coroners do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mike Sliwinski

No ! Human pee / poo :mad:......The air scrubber with charcoal filter did little if nothing for the odor, but, had to try. Night before install, I sprayed what I had on hand, Natures Miracle, figuring any pee /poo treatment is better than nothing. My friend is now my enemy, but I'll get over it.

Hey Mike, when's the next Don Jon 'Odor treatment class' I'm way
    over-over-due for receiving some education on the subject.

Carpet down, money in pocket, and the nostrils have survived :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

My solution for stanky installs is the door I came in through :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mike Antonetti

11. Mike Sliwinski

Thanks Mike, your amazing !! :)

12. Mike Antonetti

Far from it Bro! Just doing my part. The Jon Don class is a ways away. Training is hard to work in. I sure as hell regret a floor prep inspection course I missed, later found out a couple of seasoned vets were teaching the course in Tampa.

13. Mike Sliwinski

If I'm still in the business, I'll be taking the class in November.........and your part here @ TFP is amazing, believe me ! ........... We really appreciate the commitment, right Jim ?

Mike

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mike Antonetti

Yeah, I need to email Jim, we need another discussion. Finding some time this weekend.

15. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Absolutely!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Russ McCubbin

Russ McCubbin New Member

Mike, The unit you are referring to was not a Titan 4000. It was another brand that emits a lot of ozone. Ozone at any level is BAD. Our Titan unit do not make or emit any ozone.

Attached Files:

17. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

18. Mike Antonetti

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  19. Russ McCubbin

Russ McCubbin New Member

Mike, Which claim - That that they make ozone or that we don't.
    Check out this site, it will give you tons of stuff for both claims.
    www.Hydroxyltruths.com

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mike Antonetti

Good info Russ, lot of reading. Sounds legit!