Tile Installers Held at Gunpoint Over Work Performed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion Forum' started by Jim McClain, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I'm all for holding an installer accountable for his or her work, but this might be taking the concept a bit far.

[excerpt=Trevor Shirley, FOX 5 Digital Journalist]Tina Deluna-Salazar and her husband told Rockdale County Sheriff's Deputies they had been laying tile at the home of Zachary Ellis. When Ellis asked them to return for more work, the couple says they agreed. However, when they arrived at his home, Deluna-Salazar says Ellis confronted them with a gun, unhappy with the work they had done.[/excerpt]

Read the whole article and view the video here: Home improvement workers attacked in Conyers | FOX5 News

2. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

Happened to me on a job site, loading tools back in my truck, second trip I was followed in by a man that wanted my wallet. Scuffle ensued and got stabbed in the hand. Not in the middle of the night, 2 in the afternoon.
    Get licensed and carry all the time. Too many stories of workers being killed or injured over this sort of thing.

3. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Pro Member

Happened to me in Savannah GA, kinda sorta.
    Must be a Georgia thing.

I was doing sub work for a commercial tile outfit, and was helping to load the box truck, this thug/punk-ass walks up and shows me a revolver in his waistband under his shirt, says "give me a ride, b#^*#."
    I'm pulling the gate shut and trying to process this when one of the helpers comes around the truck and waxes this dude with a knee-kicker in the back of the skull.
    Crack!
    And down he goes, gun skittering across the street.
    The helper grabs it, throws it in the truck and we take off.

Got lucky that time. Could have been much worse as I was new to GA and didn't have my CCP yet.

4. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Wow lucky they got out of there ok.

I have been mad but you have to keep it in check at times.

I wonder if the installer had pulled a gun and shot the other guy
    what would of happened. To me he would be defending his self and his life.

5. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

What a shoddy piece of journalism. There's no way I would judge this man without seeing the quality of the work done on his home.

Maybe they deserved to be shot.

6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I agree with incog. Only one side of story, let's see the tile install, or do they drag the story along for days for viewership?

7. Majwoody

Majwoody Pro Member

I knew a floor layer that actually took a bullet to the gut on the job. He was the victim of a stray but obviously working very close to some shady people. Regardless of crappy work, there is never justification to pull a gun on someone unless your own life is at risk. I carry at work during off hours, shitty areas, or when I'm alone.

8. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I've seen some really horrible workmanship out there. I'm just saying SOMEBODY needs to get shot.