Thumbnail or Full Image?

Discussion in 'TFP Support and Feedback' started by Daris Mulkin, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

First time at posting pictures on the new system. Didn't know if I should have left them thumbnail or full image. What is best?

:old:

Daris

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Good question, Daris. Before I can tell you the answer, I have to learn what happens when a post has just thumbnails chosen. When you upload images, you can just leave them alone and your images will appear below your message with a box around them that contains the photo and the exif info (file name, etc.) like this:

Attached Files:

3. Jim McClain

When you upload photos and select Full Image, your photos appear in your post (you can choose to place a full image one at a time so you have text between each, or all at once with text either above or below the whole bunch). But you have to click each photo twice, once to open it full size (if that full size is bigger than your screen, you have to scroll up, down, left or right to see all of it) and once again to close it. Then you do that with each image separately. Like so:

daris-foxy-rug1.JPG daris-foxy-rug2.JPG daris-foxy-rug3.JPG daris-foxy-rug6.JPG

4. Jim McClain

When you upload images and select the Thumbnail button, you can choose to insert one thumbnail at a time and place it wherever your cursor is, or all at once. When you click any image, it will open in a viewer that fills your screen and allows you to navigate through the images back and forth, or choose one from the film strip at the bottom. The photo will not fill the screen because the viewer takes up part of it, but it will still be a large image. You can choose to see it full-size too though, by choosing that option in the upper-right corner of the viewer.

This is the same behavior as when you leave the images alone after uploading. But selecting to show images as Thumbnail, looks better and is more functional to me. Your mileage may vary.

daris-foxy-rug1.JPG daris-foxy-rug2.JPG daris-foxy-rug3.JPG daris-foxy-rug6.JPG