This is Vinyl and Rubber Q&A I assume?

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by dontoronto, Dec 20, 2017.

1. dontoronto

dontoronto Earn as Apprentice;WORK like a Mechanic+Apprentice

Doing Roll Rubber Flooring at the fitness centre today

Foreman Dom saying "NO"!!! neither double cut nor trim the edge!!

we are doing the "SAME" stuff ~ see the youtube

2. dontoronto

yeah! just butt the factory edge!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I’d find out what the expectations and specs are for the job. I’ve done it both ways and there is a difference.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

That was painful video, parents must’ve sold the RV and the kids got a weight room.

I’m not sure about the seams, I’d guess non damaged factory edge. I think that stuff tears easily, I have some rolls of similar, little piece I have to protect ramp from sidewalk damage fell apart.

5. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

For the most part DOM is right. Just butt factory edge to factory edge. The exception would be if you have a damaged factory edge. If that happens you'll have to straightedge the piece. You'll want to put a very slight back bevel on it when you cut it.

There are several manufacturers of this type of product, but the two biggies are Regupol and EcoSurfaces. They used to be the old Dodge-Regupol until they split apart about 20 years ago. Now they are about 30 miles apart near Lancaster, PA.

Those two make product for several major manufacturers as well private label products for distributors.

Mike your comment about tearing easily is true of the off-brand and imports. They use a larger, irregular grind of crumb rubber and it has more "voids" in it. This allows the product to "crumble". They also don't use the same density or shore of crumb. This adds to the problem as well.

Don, good luck with it. Other than being heavy and a bit awkward to handle it really isn't to bad to install. The biggest thing to watch is that it should have indicators or stickers on it that show you the machine direction. If you get it going the wrong way on a side seam it'll look like night and day. Pay attention to that, and you should be fine. If you don't have markers to show you the direction you'll be able to eyeball it pretty quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dontoronto

yeah we butted the factory edge, trimmed when see the damage edge

NOT done yeah! have to install on the wall!!!

Attached Files:

7. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Those heavy rubber, black speckled sheet flooring is VERY installer friendly so long as the material is handled properly------ACCLIMATION!

I've done a dozen or so-------quite a few different types and they're all very nice to handle, easy to cut, seam up sweet and layout nicely given proper temperatures and an overnight to relax opened and spread out on the floor.

Of course we've done smaller one day deals where there's not going to be the extra day to acclimate. Not nearly as much fun. There, we would use grey bricks or cartons of cove base on the seams to avoid any surprises the next morning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dontoronto

finally DONE!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Those walls look like a PITA.

10. dontoronto

PITA stands for?