Thinset Bond Breaker

Discussion in 'Ceramic and Stone Q&A' started by Mike Antonetti, Aug 16, 2019.

1. My as well call it a floating ceramic tile floor. This is what occurs from sheet vinyl flooring adhesive residue. Sadly I’ve lost bids to homeowners who do not understand this needs to be removed. There were multiple attempts to reset tile. It’s cooked and time to flip it.

Attached Files:

2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member Senior Member

Easy removal there.

3. Lot of floating vinyl replacing ceramic floors. We still grind the adhesive for a possible bonded/gluedown floor and for mold not to grow from the adhesive.

4. kwfloors

Did you see the new star grinder discs? Saw them on LinkedIn the other day. Had little carbide stars on there.

5. Not sure which you’re talking about Ken, this one?

Attached Files:

6. Mike instead of thinking of it as a negative you should figure out the exact chemistry and sell it as a new uncoupling membrane. ;) Genius!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I try to think opposite as everyone else usually or using things to my advantage.

I think there’s a lot of ideas on hold, then when someone brings a product to market they release theirs touting how better it is.

That floating ceramic attached to laminate that Lowe’s sold boggled my brain, but now with the dry tile saw by IQ cutting would be easier. Just don’t think it handles hollow areas from unflat Floors.

Actually I think ceramic could work with Karndean loose lay, then flexible grout. Voila - check please!

8. kwfloors

No, Mike, similar although the shape of the cutters is little stars. Looked like they would cut great and they were saying it was for removal of materials. I couldn't find it the other night, I'll look for the link again.

9. kwfloors