Things I didn’t Understand

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Mike Antonetti, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Maybe this category should be titled “other things, or Things other than Flooring, I never take a break from flooring, it’s in some people’s blood that no medical can scrub out, DNA has metamorphisized.

Ok now to the thread.

What Things didn’t make sense to you until maybe years down the road. For me, one thing is racism. Didn’t realize all it’s forms till current matters in the country. Was going to post this prior to the New Zealand tragedy. As I/you get older things make so much more sense for why things happen.

So much we don’t know about in our daily lives occurs and way deep is someone driving the reasons. Take pain medication addiction, anything that you question why? Time has a way of explaining causes, investigative Journalists help.

What took you years to understand? Politics and Religion are a couple more things, though they are too controversial for this forum and would/have? get out of control.

2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Didn’t understand? There’s so much I still don’t understand. Good question though. I like to know why something is the way it is.

As it specifically relates to flooring I believe that if someone knows why something is done a certain way, then they can do a better job as opposed to just blindly going through the motions. Maybe even come up with a faster, better way of achieving the same end results. I see a lot of people just going through the motions and they don’t even have a clue other than ‘that’s the way we’ve always done it’. Once upon a time everybody had one of these hanging on our wall. Things change. Technology changes. Products change. People, not so much.

B9070A29-0549-4580-85BD-91F74E3C642E.jpeg

3. Mike Antonetti

I saw a wall mount phone at a house I wanted, I looked at it for far too long. Is it hooked up, do they use it? My house had one 4 years ago, now it’s a cover plate. Not sure what to put in my outlets, lights, usb. Tech is fast, I want app for everything, wanting dust to settle so I know I can decide.

Attached Files:

4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I worked with a lady who was OCD about turning off the bathroom lights when no one was in there but would get pissed at me for turning off the lunch room lights for the same reason. I guess the why didn’t matter to her.

5. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

I could never understand why people procrastinate on doing thi

Serious response, it's a great question. Going to have to kick it around upstairs for a bit.

6. Mike Antonetti

Wondering why the “government” doesn’t want people to breathe in asbestos when it’s ok to breathe cigarettes. Can anyone twist the reasoning for me? Aside from $$$

7. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

That jogs my memory. Working in homes and going out to the truck for more tools and come back and the kitchen or bath lights are turned off. I would have to turn them back on again. People are funny about the lights.

8. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Guessing there aren’t many asbestos lobbyists.

• Funny Funny x 1