TFP is 3 YEARS OLD today...

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, May 6, 2009.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I wanted to make a big deal out of it with a fancy post, but I am too tired. I'm going to bed. But I wanted to thank all of you first, for making this such a wonderful website to spend my time on. I am so happy it has worked out the way it has.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jim

2. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

It is good to be a small part of something like this.

Thank you T for giving us the opportunity!!!:yesss::yesss:

3. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Congratulations to you Jim for everything. If I could sing I would sing happy birthday Maybe a real big cake tomorrow? :yesss:

4. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

Jim, thank you for putting up with me for 3 years. With luck, I'll be able to irritate you for many more.

5. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks Jim for making it possible for us to share our thoughts and make so many new friends. What a great site.

6. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

What a great site. You have done an excellent job with it and I'm totally addicted to it. Can't walk by the computer without checking in for more posts. Sometimes that is only a few minutes apart.

Daris

7. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Congrads T ,
    You have and continue to make TFP the great site it is today .
    And a pat on the back to all the great members who are a intricate part of the success of TFP .

8. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

Thank you, Jim for making it all possible.

9. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

Thanks Jim. As Daris said, if I'm in the house, I can't resist checking to see what's going on. After being marooned up here in hicks-ville for the earlier days of this profession, I feel so fortunate to have such a great AND comfortable place to learn from all the talented members here.

Great job to you all.

10. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

:eek:..............:bow::bow::bow:

11. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

How time flies. It seems like just yesterday when I got that late night email from Jerry askin "where the hell are we?" Jerry, me and "T" were the only ones here. I recall the echo in the building quite well. :yesss: That didn't last very long tho.
    Thanks Jim.:good:

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  12. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton Senior Member Published

I never even knew there were Flooring boards till a couple of years ago. I sure am glad I found this one first. There's none like it. If I had stumbled onto one of the others first I would have logged off and never looked back.

Thanx T

b

13. Bill Watson

Bill Watson O2bkytn

Telling others is part of what made this such a great board.
    RG told me about it a couple of years ago.
    Though I may not post as much as many here, I visit every day without fail.
    I get the Heebee Jeebees if I don't. Best flooring board on the web.
    Thanks RG!!!
    And a big THANKS T!!!
    For an outstanding job.

14. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Time does fly! It used to be a 10 minute break from working to come here. Now, you miss two days and holy sh-t:eek:, another hour gone catching up!

It is really neat that wherever I travel I came have a F2F with someone I've met here.

Jim, a great idea and even better execution :bow::bow::bow:

15. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Wow, thanks for all the great responses. I really have had a lot of fun doing this and I hope I can keep doing it for a real long time to come. But Rusty, it's you and everyone else that should be thanked for putting up with ME. I know I can be a thorn in a few sides. ;)

But the real thanks has to go out to all of the people who participate here - and even those who do not, but continue to visit here for the information, links to other resources and just plain good readin'. It is the members and visitors that have added all the great content and our loyal members who have welcomed and encouraged so many others that have made The Floor Pro Community what it is.

Now I'm gettin' all choked up...

Jim

16. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Sorry so late but I just drove in from Buffalo. Congrats Jim. You do a great job for all of us to enjoy such a wonderful site. I for one am proud to be a part of it.

17. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

Like a durn cigarette addiction fer me.....I sit there and tell myself "just stay away fer awhile ".......and after 20 sec. of cold sweats and uncontrollable shakin........:eek:.........I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE !!!!!...........:help:

18. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton Senior Member Published

Yeah, I know what y'all mean. With work being so slow, my refresh button is getting worn out. :D

b

19. Kman

Kman Tile Expert I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Jim, thanks for all your hard work putting this thing together. Besides being a great site, it's a great place to make good friends. And they're the best kind of friends 'cause they don't borrow my tools and forget to return them.

And thanks to Bud Cline for directing me over here just over a year ago.

20. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I also want to say ( GREAT JOB AND KEEP IT UP ) you can also see it is late when I get on ,need to let the family go to bed because if I get on before this I get told about it.

Roland:coffee::coffee::coffee: