Tarkett Sheet Vinyl Flash Cove 350 s/y

Discussion in 'Commercial Flooring Sales & Installation' started by Incognito, Jul 13, 2019 at 6:03 PM.

1. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Shot blast /65 bags of Feather Finish
    58" Pattern Match wood grain
    Tarkett "RollSmart" adhesive (paint)
    Heat welded seams
    The flat lay is done and heat welded.
    Can't complete the flash cove til some of the cabinetry is complete.

IMG_5216.JPG IMG_5217.JPG IMG_5220.JPG IMG_5221.JPG IMG_5226.JPG IMG_5227.JPG IMG_5228.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Pthalate free, nice, I’m getting ocd washing my hands with all the prop 65 stuff I’m handling.

EU, odd, that it’s imported from across the pond.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Mike, over half the stuff we saw at the Vegas conventions is imported also.

4. Incognito

Started flash coving Monday with a helper. The "RollSmart" adhesive is very slow to work with overall. It's especially tedious on flash coving, but it's actually nice to deal with as it's not so awkward to get the goods down onto the stick and flat onto the floor without grabbing and hanging up the wall. It's slow because you have to tape everything off and apply two coats. I'm off to another jobsite. Another guy(s) will flash and weld the rest.

IMG_5225.JPG IMG_5230.JPG IMG_5231.JPG IMG_5232.JPG IMG_5233.JPG IMG_5234.JPG IMG_5235.JPG IMG_5236.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I like the picture framing of the cove. Makes it look good and purposeful instead of that’s just how the vinyl landed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Incognito

It does look better with the picture frame/flash cove. But I can't imagine anyone other then the government wasting the extra material and labor required for this method. I really don't approve of this sort of material for this application. It calls for ceramic/quarry tile, sealed/stained concrete or perhaps an epoxy coating. Heterogeneous sheet vinyl is NOT a proper investment for a "commercial kitchen". It's actually a high school culinary arts training classroom where they should be emulating commercial site conditions in every aspect of the training-------including the nightly clean up routines.

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I just don’t like grout in commercial kitchens. When food collects in the joints and staff treks it everywhere with water in the joints it’s just not sanitary. Troweled seamless is the way to go spec’d for the conditions including necessary cleaning chemicals.

• Agree Agree x 1