Tarkett Progen LVP

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Steve C, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Steve C

Steve C Member

Hi All-
    I am getting ready to install Tarkett Progen in my finished 4 season room and plan on leaving 1/4" gap all around the room. This room has a sliding Vinyl door leading out to a back deck, an exterior door/adjustable sill leading out to the garage, and an exterior door/adjustable sill leading into the kitchen.

Question is, if i leave 1/4" gap in front of the doors for expansion, what do I use to cover these gaps? Quarter round? If so, i'm wondering if the quarter round will stick up too high over the adjustable thresholds in the doors between rooms?

Thanks for any guidance- first time using LVP.

2. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

use clear silicone

blue tape on the flooring

blue tape on the sill

fill the void generously and wipe to smooth with a clean white rag (and your finger) slightly dampened with the alcohol

pull tape within 15-20 minutes and clean with denatured alcohol

it goes on white an dries clear overnight + or -

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Normally a reducer would go there. Door thresholds have various heights so each door decision is on individual basis, then you would coordinate if one style would be matching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

You can get 1/2” or 3/8” quarter round and stain it to match. Screen molding is another option when clearance from floor to door is tight. If you have a T-mold, you can rip it in half on your table saw and now you have 2 end caps.

5. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Do as incognito suggested then put a quarter round over that.

6. Steve C

Steve C Member

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it.