1. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Who is going to surfaces in Feb? I am planning on being their.
    Roland

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

I am doing everything I can to be able to attend. My lung disease creates a mobility problem, but one of my customers has arranged for me to have the use of a Segway. If I can cover all the expenses and the Segway actually materializes, I will be there. I hope to meet as many of you all and others in the industry as I can. I think it would be great if we could have The Floor Pro Community Gathering at Surfaces.

Jim

3. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Wife and I are coming up from New Zealand . We have been each year since 1998. At different times people have tried to arrange to meet people in bars which I believe is a waist of time. How do I know what you look like. Over the last few years a few of us have meet at Chris Flynns stand (NEC Carpets I think) on the second day of the show in the morning. By doing it this way people would have name badges on so one can find people and also Chris is a real artist and a pleasure to watch, he also has popcorn there.

4. Jerry LA Tile

Jerry LA Tile Charter Member

Won't make it to this one but will hopefully be at "coverings" in Chicago in April;)

5. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

I'm planning on it depending on how work goes the next few months. It's nice that my parents live there, gives me a chance to visit and I don't have to pay for a hotel or a car.

6. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I will be there a week before teaching classes and then plan on attending first day and then head home.

7. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I'll be there also. Usually get there on Tuesday and stay for the whole shebang.
    Like Chris I have a sister that lives there and I get to see her once a year also.

Daris

8. kevin

kevin Charter Member

the comunity calander said jan but I beleave its in feb

9. Jim McClain

You're right, Kevin, thank you. The poor guy who added that info to the calendar is getting really old and probably has brain damage too, so we have to help him out as much as we can. lmao

10. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

WELL CRAP!!!

Did I do tha-a-a-a-a-t?:eek:

11. Jim McClain

I know this is an old topic, but I hope you don't mind me bringing it up from the dead. ;) But hey, Surfaces is right around the corner. And boy, am I excited.

Just got off the phone with my faithful old customer -- believe me, there's nothing better than a satisfied customer -- and he wanted to make sure I was going make it down to Oakland to get my Segway for the convention. This is the only way I would be able to get around to all the exhibitors because I just can't get very far on foot any more.

That detour to Oakland before heading to Las Vegas adds over 500 miles to my trip, but it will be wonderful to be able to get around so easily and meet so many people in our industry. This is a huge opportunity for me and this website because it is primarily to promote TheFloorPro.com to everyone in the industry. I think we have a huge potential here and I want to see it happen.

With that in mind, I want to ask for your help. Several of the staff members here have donated money to help me get to Surfaces. One of my great customers, Don Nusbaum, has arranged for me to use the Segway and my very first boss in this business from 35 years ago has offered to fill my gas tank for the first leg of the trip (over 1600 miles round trip) - himself disabled by acute arthritis and blindness. But it's still a very big expense for me because I have no real income. Even with the generosity of some of the staff, it's not quite enough and still a hardship for me at this time.

Since my heart attack and the progression of my lung disease (COPD), my business has dried up to nothing. I am hoping to develop an income source building and maintaining websites, but that hasn't materialized yet. The Google ads here only pay a few dollars a month (and please don't go clicking them thinking it will help, or Google will ban me for cheating). I haven't been able yet to get disability or my military pension, so this leaves me struggling for now (I did qualify for housing and have moved into a very small, but comfortable apartment). So, as much as it pains me to ask, I need a little help.

If any of you would like to donate to the cause, I promise to work hard at Surfaces to promote our site as an up and coming valuable asset to the flooring community world wide. I think there will be a little publicity because of the Segway and it's possible one of the flooring magazines will write something about it. My investment in this site is already substantial and I will continue to help build a community and website that all of you will be proud to be part of. Of course, most of the credit already belongs to you, but as a few have encouraged me to accept, I did do a fair amount of pointing and clicking - and cajoling and harassing - to get this off the ground.

I hope you will help me out and that no one is offended by my asking. If you would like to make a donation of any amount, please click on the [​IMG] graphic (or the one here to the left) at the bottom of any page. If you don't want to use PayPal, you can also snail mail me a donation. Just PM or email me for my mailing address. If you don't want to donate at all, that's OK too, there is absolutely no obligation and I appreciate your support just by participating here.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  12. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

Offended? You got to be kidding. You could never offend us.......... well, as long as when you get back, you don't go startin' a topic with a title like Bud did a while back about his good kitty..........
    remember.... "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" :D
    (send me your address via my hotmail)

13. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Can't do this year. Been way to slow and cannot afford it. I was lookinf forward to meeting dome of you guys.

14. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

When I click the support button it keeps bringing me back to the homepage. Is it just me?

15. Jim McClain

No, it's not just you, Jerry. I managed to screw something up. Thanks for letting me know about that.

[edit]All fixed now.[/edit]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  16. Jim McClain

OK, it's fixed now. You should see the [​IMG] at the bottom of every page now. Clicking it will take you to a PayPal Donation page right here on our site. In fact, you can click the image above and get the same result.

Thank you.

17. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

Well it's a little too late now. My wife's been watching QVC all day. ;)

Just kidding, It's in the works.

18. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I will see you out there and we can talk about help for the way back.
    I do not do the credit card thing over the internet.

Roland Thompson

19. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Resting In Peace

Smart Man , That Roland ..